Sunday, January 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (Jan. 30, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was another big week for me. I don't think that I will ever be able to catch up on my TBR stack. But I just couldn't resist all these lovely books.

I received these books for review:
I got Minding Ben by Victoria Brown through Shelf Awareness. This will really be a genre-stretcher for me. I don't often read adult contemporary fiction. This one about a nanny in New York City is way outside my boundaries and experiences.

Survivor by Sean Slater was sent to me because I am taking part in the 2011 Mystery and Suspense Challenge at Book Chick City. This one doesn't even have a cover available online yet. My ARC does have a sort of creepy mask on the cover.
I received Lucifer's Tears by James Thompson from Shelf Awareness too. This is a murder mystery that takes place in Finland.

The Unfinished Song: Initiate by Tara Maya was sent to me by the author for review. This was an ebook and was a nice quick read. I will be looking for the sequels for this fantasy series.

I added these eBooks to my Kindle this week:
Big Girls Don't Die by Crystal Jordan and Catch of a Lifetime by Judi Fennell were both free offerings this week. Both are in the paranormal genre.
Linked by Hope Welsh is a shifter story and was only $.99. Origins by Randolph Lalonde was another free book. This one is science fiction.
Eternity Embraced by Larissa Ione is a short story in her Demonica series. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Crystal Jordan is the first in the series that included the free book listed above. I had to have the first in the series before I would feel comfortable reading the second.

Last, I purchased a couple of paperback books.
I have been seeing good reviews for A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang and thought I would give it a try. 

I had to have Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh. I really liked the first two books in the series. This one was also excellent. You can see my review here.

That is my mailbox this week. What did you get in yours?

13 comments:

  1. Curious about Allison Pang's book and really starting to think I need to start Nalini's series as well!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara Maya also sent me her book for review. It looks pretty good! Thanks for sharing your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to get out of your comfort zone once in a while. I did so this last week and was very pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Larissa Ione and her books. We also got a copy of Eternity Embraced. Can't wait to get started :-)


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interested by your Origins & Archangel's Consort.
    The cover for Eternity Embraced is scorchingly HAWT!

    Enjoy Kathy :)

    Mine is posted up at Aisle B... Word of caution... Historical Romances are the hits at my corner ;)
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/3010445979/in-my-mailbox-mailbox-monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your site. I love historical and contemporary romance, but the only paranormal I like is a time travel. Love seeing the traveler adjust to the new situration and the reaction of others to the traveler.

    http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you got a ton of books this week...enjoy them!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you received some great books in your mailbox! Really like the sound of A Brush of Darkness. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful week, Kathy, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books this week! Love the cover for Unfinished Song. Happy reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of these, but it looks like great haul.

    Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi’s IMMB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's my mailbox
    http://asthepageturns-page.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't do a mailbox because I didn't want to admit all the books I bought :) I am glad to see I am not the only one adding to my already HUGE TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!