It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.
Other Than Reading...
This was a mixed week. Weather cycled from warm and sunny to cool and rainy. My dentist appointment turned weird when I swallowed my new crown. Now, I have to wait until they make it again and reschedule my appointment. In my defense, I was gagging and my dentist dropped the crown onto my tongue.
Other Than Reading...
This was a mixed week. Weather cycled from warm and sunny to cool and rainy. My dentist appointment turned weird when I swallowed my new crown. Now, I have to wait until they make it again and reschedule my appointment. In my defense, I was gagging and my dentist dropped the crown onto my tongue.
My visit with my friend went well. We are going to call these visits "bookcations" because we both get lots of reading done. We finished the last two audiobooks in The Others series and have to look for something different to read on her next visit. We also went out to eat and did a lot of talking. She told me about her newest thing. She creates blind date with a book packages with books she wants to get rid of and sells them at local farmer's markets and craft fairs. She also showed me some cute bees that she's crocheting for craft fairs too.
I did manage to read three of my September 29 review copies early in the week and started the last two of that group. Cursed City is 528 pages long; I've been reading 10% or so and then switching to another book for some variety. I put them on hold while my friend is here so that we can listen together. Since I didn't add any review copies this week, the stack now numbers 41.
I hope to finish the rest of September's books this week since I'll be doing my State of the Stack post. I also need to set up LibraryThing for September by adding a September collection. And I need to do some spreadsheet things for my monthly report. The way my calendar fell out this month my State of the Stack post will go live on Monday which is only the 31st, but I already have two posted scheduled for September 1.
Read Last Week
- The Dying Light by Ann Cleeves (Review, September 29) -- Fourth in the Matthew Venn mystery series. My review will be posted on September 22.
- The Velvet Knife by Maureen Johnson (Review, September 29) -- New entry to the Truly Devious YA mystery series. My review will be posted on September 24.
- Murder on Threadneedle Street by Andrea Penrose (Review, September 29) -- New entry in the Wrexford and Sloane historical mystery series. My review will be posted on September 24.
- Desperation in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
- Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (Audiobook reread)
- Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (Audiobook reread)
- Encore in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread)
- The Vanished Sister by Sherry Thomas (Review, September 29)
- Cursed City by Kate Golden (Review, September 29)
- The Case of the Body on the Orient Express by Kelly Oliver (Audiobook, Mine since June 14)
- The Fey Duology by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Kindle, Mine since July 1)
- The Astral Library by Kate Quinn (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since August 30)
- Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick (Audiobook, Mine since August 19)
- Dive Bar at the End of the Road by Kelley Armstrong (Review, October 6)
- Where There's Smoke by Rachel Louise Adams (Review, October 6)
- Death of an Irish Druid by Catie Murphy (Audiobook)
- Dark Summer by Iris Johansen (Audiobook)
- The Oxford Guide to Scandal & Lies by Kate Westbury (Review copy)
- Until She Dies by Kendra Elliot (Review copy)
- The Long Call by Ann Cleeves (Audiobook)
- The Shattered King by Charlie N. Holmberg (Audiobook)
Review:
Bought:
- The Tropic of Serpents by Marie Brennan (Kindle)
- The Astral Library by Kate Quinn (Audiobook, Audible Credit)










Oh dear, I’m sure both you and your dentist were frustrated with the loss of your new crown.
ReplyDeleteI’m just starting on my September reads.
Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading