Saturday, December 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (Dec. 12, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I got books from a variety of sources this week. These are the ones I bought:
Finding the Way and Other Tales of Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey is the latest anthology of Valdemar stories edited by Lackey. I usually like these anthologies because they tend to add depth to the world. I like Lackey's books about Valdemar. I have been reading them for years.

Dead of Alive by Tom Clancy is the next book about Jack Ryan. It has been years since Clancy has written a Jack Ryan book. This book is a monster. It must be almost three inches thick. But I am still eager to get back into the political thriller as done by Clancy.

Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown is romantic suspense by one of my favorite authors in the genre. I managed to get a copy of this at Amazon Marketplace for a very reasonable price. I can use it for next year's romantic suspense challenge since it will almost certainly be after January 1 before I will be able to read it. 

Next are the books that I received for review this week.
Nocturne by Syrie James is a title that I received from the publisher along with a nifty press kit. This is a paranormal thriller and romance. It will be published on January 4, 2011.

Judgment Day by Wanda L. Dyson came from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program. I won it in the October giveaway. The book was published on September 21. This sounds like an excellent suspense novel. I had a few minutes before a meeting and read the prologue. I had a hard time putting it down.

Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan was sent to me by a publicist after I signed up for the 2011 Mystery and Suspense Reading Challenge hosted by Book Chick City. I will be a stop on the author's virtual tour late in January. This one also sounds excellent. It will be published on Dec. 28.

And, as if that were not enough books, I went shopping in the Kindle store and chose these new free titles:
Crush by Alan Jacobson is the second in a series and is supposed to be an excellent thriller. The reviews hint at a shocking cliffhanger ending. I will have to hope that the third book is available when I finish this one. 

Invisible by Lorena McCourtney is the first book in the Ivy Malone mystery series. Ivy sounds like a very unconventional detective and I look forward to reading this one.

Those are the books that got added to my TBR stack this week. What interesting things did you get in your mailbox?

13 comments:

  1. Someone recommended Invisible to me saying I'd like it since I'm a fan of the Stephanie Plum books. Didn't realise it was part of a series. Will be interested to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul again this week, Kathy! Happy reading....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and since you mentioned it and gave me a heads up that a new Jack Ryan is on the shelf have added Clancy's new book to my wishing to read list Kathy so thanks for that!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you did well this week. I hope that you are able to enjoy them all. Check out what was In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mailbox is neverending! Going to jump over to your other blog now :)

    Enjoy these reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/
    Merry Christmas!
    Gabrielle Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great books! Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for putting these books on my radar! I haven't heard of them before!

    Have a look what I got this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mailbox this week! Will keep an eye out for your review on Love Me To Death, as I like Allison Brennan. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound good. Here's my mailbox
    http://asthepageturns-page.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy your books, Kathy!

    Happy Reading,
    Zakiya - My IMM is here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the cover of Nocturne! And your brief description of what it is sounds interesting as well! Look forward to a review! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey so many books you've got. Sandra Brown is very popular and I haven't even read one book by her. Should to that soon:)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!