Thursday, April 28, 2016

Book Review: The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison

The Witch with No Name
Author: Kim Harrison
Series: Hollows (Book 13)
Publication: Harper Voyager; Reprint edition (September 9, 2014)

Description: It’s Rachel Morgan’s ultimate adventure . . . and anything can happen in this final book in the New York Times bestselling Hollows series.

Rachel Morgan has come a long way from her early days as an inexperienced bounty hunter. She’s faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witches, and soul-eating demons. She’s crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She’s lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has unexpectedly become something much more.

But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. Rachel has known that this day would come—and now it is here.

To save Ivy’s soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything. . . .

My Thoughts: As usual, Rachel has tons of problems to solve before she can get to her happy ending in this final book of the Hollows series. The elves want to kill the vampires and the demons. The old vampires want to get their souls back despite the fact that regaining their souls would make them walk into the sun. The Goddess is searching for Rachel and wants to kill her. She loves Trent but feels that she isn't a positive in his life. You know, typical problems ranging from the personal to the world destroying.

One of Rachel's more personal problems has to do with the relationship between Ivy and Nina. They are in love but Nina is still being controlled by an old vampire named Felix who is going insane. Cormel has demanded that Rachel find a way to reunite vampires with their lost souls. Rachel discovers that the souls are in the Ever After but finding them and reinserting them causes more problems than it solves.

Then there is Landon who convinces the vampires that he can free vampire souls from the Ever After but doesn't mention that his technique will also free the demons and destroy the Ever After and end all magic on Earth.

This book was packed with excitement as it ties up the loose threads from earlier books in the series. I breathed a sigh of relief when I got the end and think other long-time readers will feel the same way. I enjoyed this series and really enjoyed the place where Rachel ended up when the story was over.

Favorite Quote:
But what made my steps slow as I walked back to my car was knowing that Cormel knew I was right, otherwise he would've gone to find his soul. He knew I was right, but he wanted me to be wrong so badly that he was ignoring it.

Tomorrow was going to be one hell of a day.
I bought this book. You can buy your copy here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this series too! I loved listening to them on Audible. I have to start her newer series sometime in the next months.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!