Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 11, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

What a weird weather week! On Friday, we alternated between sunny skies and snow squalls with very limited visibility...and a high temperature of 30 degrees F. I am getting so tired of my winter jacket. At school, we have now entered into seven consecutive 5 day weeks before our next weekday off. There are only 8 weeks of school left.

I'm really getting into the new baseball season and juggling watching games on my computer, watching The Voice on TV, and reading too. Soon, The Voice will be over and I can just split my attention two ways.

Read Last Week
Midnight Marked by Chloe Neill was another great entry into the Chicagoland Vampires series. My review will be posted on May 14.

Currently
The next book on my review stack is The Thing Is by Kathleen Gerard. The author emailed me to see if I was interested.  It sounded good, so...

Next Week
These two are finally getting closer to the top of the reading stack.


Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
All Kindle books this week, two daily deals and one that is the latest in a series I can't miss.


State of TBR Mountain:

  • New in April - 7
  • New in 2016 - 108
  • Unread April - 5
  • Unread 2016 - 67
  • Total Unread - 1929

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

8 comments:

  1. I am so eager to get The Obsession...I'll be checking out your review.

    The Thing Is looks tempting, too. Enjoy your week, and I hope you can finally get rid of the jacket-wearing days!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been so bizarre! Snow on Saturday morning when I woke up - so depressing. They're promising 70's by this weekend and I hope they're right.
    Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I still need to read Anne's third book in this series!! Keep falling 1 book behind! LOL! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of popular ones this week. I like the cover of the author request one. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weather is so crazy!! Can you believe you only have 8 weeks left of school and it is still wintery weather!

    I really need to start that Anne Bishop series. It looks like something I would enjoy. Also, the new Harris series is pretty good! I have to say, the first book didn't quite do it for me, but by the second I was sold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weather is so crazy!! Can you believe you only have 8 weeks left of school and it is still wintery weather!

    I really need to start that Anne Bishop series. It looks like something I would enjoy. Also, the new Harris series is pretty good! I have to say, the first book didn't quite do it for me, but by the second I was sold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather needs to switch to spring soon. :)

    We had snow and a freezing weekend. It is warming up a bit, but not warm enough for me.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get caught up on the Mary Russell books! I've only read up through book 3, but I'm hoping to tackle several this year. I'd also like to start the Anne Bishop series. "Written in Red" is on my must-read-in-2016 list!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!