Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spotlight: Janet Marillier

I have decided that 2016 is the year when I take a look at books on my TBR mountain and read them or donate them. I'm starting with the books that have been on the stack the longest. Hopefully by the end of 2016, my TBR mountain will be only a foothill.

So, I'm still looking at the books on my TBR mountain that have been there since 2008. I have come to Janet Marillier. I must have been planning to immerse myself in her books because I have seven of her books from a variety of series and never got to them.

I'm donating:
  1. Daughter of the Forest, Son of the Shadows, and Child of the Prophecy - These are the first three in the series that is now up to six books.
  2. I have both books in her Children of the Light Isles series: Wolfskin and Foxmask. In fact, I just found a second copy of Foxmask on my stack.
  3. I also have The Dark Mirror which is book 1 of the Bridei Chronicles.
Amazon tells me that I bought most of these on July 10, 2007. I just don't read those epic fantasy series anymore. Interesting how a person's taste can change over the course of time. 

Have you read any of these?

1 comment:

  1. I kept wanting to read the Sevenwaters trilogy probably around 2007, too, now that you mention that year, back when my older daughter was in high school, but I never did. I think I eventually read a YA standalone by her.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!