Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
I retreated back to Mrs. Marsh again and reached for her cat.

"No!" she whispered. "Not Tiddlywinks!"

"I need bait, Mrs. Marsh. He won't be hurt, promise." Well...hopefully.
This week my teaser comes from Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett. I purchased this urban fantasy on March 21, 2012 and it is has been on my TBR mountain ever since. Here is the description from Amazon:
Meet Arcadia Bell: bartender, renegade magician, fugitive from the law. . . .

Being the spawn of two infamous occultists (and alleged murderers) isn’t easy, but freewheeling magician Arcadia “Cady” Bell knows how to make the best of a crummy situation. After hiding out for seven years, she’s carved an incognito niche for herself slinging drinks at the demon-friendly Tambuku Tiki Lounge.

But she receives an ultimatum when unexpected surveillance footage of her notorious parents surfaces: either prove their innocence or surrender herself. Unfortunately, the only witness to the crimes was an elusive Æthyric demon, and Cady has no idea how to find it. She teams up with Lon Butler, an enigmatic demonologist with a special talent for sexual spells and an arcane library of priceless stolen grimoires. Their research soon escalates into a storm of conflict involving missing police evidence, the decadent Hellfire Club, a ruthless bounty hunter, and a powerful occult society that operates way outside the law. If Cady can’t clear her family name soon, she’ll be forced to sacrifice her own life . . . and no amount of running will save her this time.

11 comments:

  1. Between the tagline on the cover about the parents staying dead and poor Tiddlywinks I'm definitely intrigued ... in a morbid kind of way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good too -- I generally like urban fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such an amazing book, and that cover is GORGEOUS.

    Here is my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the description of the protagonist--and, of course, the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued by characters who are hiding out from something or someone. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “TERRIBLE VIRTUE”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like great fun:). Are you enjoying it? My TT this week is a military sci fi adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good. I'm not familiar with this author, but I enjoy urban fantasy. Adding it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh!! Hope the cat makes it!! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not the kitty!! I've heard some really good things about this author. Must try some of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't sound like my style, but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for visiting my TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tease. Look forward to what you think about the book.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!