Unbound by Kim Harrison, Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost, Vicki Pettersson, Jocelynn Drake
- Ley Line Drifter by Kim Harrison tells the story of Jenks' first case when another pixie comes to him for help with a haunted statue. I liked Jenks' concern for the futures of his children and his love for his wife.
- Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost tells the story of when Bones went to New Orleans during Mardi Gras to track down some ghouls who were visiting while Marie was away. He finds and kills them but loses an innocent that he involved along the way. He also learns that Marie hasn't sanctioned the hunt which puts him in danger from her. Interesting to read a story about Bones before he meets Cat.
- Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews tells the story of Dali and Jim. She has been crushing on him but thinks he can't want a clumsy, near-sighted, vegetarian of a tiger shifter. When Jim is cursed, Dali uses her talents to save him and along the way lets him know that she wants him.
- Blood Debt by Jeanne C. Stein has Anna Strong, bounty hunter and relatively new vampire, brought to an unearthly plane to stand trial for breaking sanctuary and killing an evil witch who was killing young vampires to use their blood to make a beauty cream. I haven't read any other Anna Strong stories but found this one interesting.
- Chaos in Death by J. D. Robb has Eve trying to solve a case where three former addicts are brutally murdered by a monster.
- Taken in Death by J. D. Robb is a novella that has Eve working a kidnapping of seven-year-old twins after being called in because of the stabbing death of the nanny. This had a fairy tale feel because the kids saw the kidnapper as a wicked witch. Eve saw a criminally insane woman with cannibalistic tendencies.