Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Memes: Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Jumping into a hole cut in the frozen reservoir was a stupid idea. In fact, of all the questionable decisions she'd made since abandoning civilization for her tiny mountain cabin seven months ago, this was probably the worst.
Friday 56 (from Location 560 on my Kindle):
But the one thing she knew she had to have when she'd moved into her new rustic home the previous August was internet. There was roughing it, and then there was just plain nuts, and not having internet was solidly in the second category.
This week I am spotlighting Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle. This is the first novel in the Search and Rescue series. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...

As the captain of Field County's ice rescue dive team, Callum Cook is driven to perfection. But when he meets new diver Louise "Lou" Sparks, all that hard-won order is obliterated in an instant. Lou is a hurricane. A walking disaster. And with her, he's never felt more alive...even if keeping her safe may just kill him.

Lou's new to the Rockies, intent on escaping her controlling ex, and she's determined to make it on her own terms...no matter how tempting Callum may be. But when a routine training exercise unearths a body, Lou and Callum find themselves thrust into a deadly game of cat and mouse with a killer who will stop at nothing to silence Lou-and prove that not even her new Search and Rescue family can keep her safe forever.

11 comments:

  1. Your beginning leaves me wanting to read more. Hold Your Breath sounds like a fascinating read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the start of an exciting series! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 56! I can completely relate. I'd love for you to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsSOTB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the beginning...and the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was already feeling a little bit chilly when I read the first excerpt...now I'm frozen!.....lol...No way would I jump in a frozen puddle of water. Thanks for visiting my Friday meme earlier

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my blog. This book looks pretty racy for me but fun, too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely need Internet! This sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL @ the 56. So true! Sounds like an intriguing read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the look of this... happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the look of this... happy reading

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!