Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Memes: 'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
"I've got to get rid of her, Birch." Nestor Kettering reached for the brandy bottle and refilled his glass.
Friday 56 (Location 560 on my Kindle):
"Yes, we understand, dear," Martha said. "One can hardly put an advertisement in the newspapers, can one? Can't have just anyone turning up on your doorstep, demanding to be introduced to other people. Discretion is the key to your business."
This week I am spotlighting 'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick. I got this eARC from NetGalley. I have read all of Amanda Quick's books and am always eager to read the next. Here is the description from Amazon:
Calista Langley operates an exclusive “introduction” agency in Victorian London, catering to respectable ladies and gentlemen who find themselves alone in the world. But now, a dangerously obsessed individual has begun sending her trinkets and gifts suitable only for those in deepest mourning—a black mirror, a funeral wreath, a ring set with black jet stone. Each is engraved with her initials.

Desperate for help and fearing that the police will be of no assistance, Calista turns to Trent Hastings, a reclusive author of popular crime novels. Believing that Calista may be taking advantage of his lonely sister, who has become one of her clients, Trent doesn’t trust her. Scarred by his past, he’s learned to keep his emotions at bay, even as an instant attraction threatens his resolve.

But as Trent and Calista comb through files of rejected clients in hopes of identifying her tormentor, it becomes clear that the danger may be coming from Calista’s own secret past—and that only her death will satisfy the stalker...

12 comments:

  1. That beginning is scary. LOL I hope it's a metaphor!

    My Friday 56 from The Overnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is definitely on my TBR. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect Romantic Suspense novel.

    I'm featuring Between you and me this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the sound of this one! Must start reading this author (I love her as Jayne Ann Krentz). Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like a good mystery. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has been getting such favorable reviews, I can't wait to read it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful! My mom actually did some appearance work for her ages ago and I keep meaning to pick up her books (we share a last name, after all). This may have to be my first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we joked with her about the name choice ... didn't realize who she "really" was until my mom was already in the planning stages for the visit since it was one of her first books as Quick :)

      Delete
  8. Makes her sound like a madam... is she??? Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked both the beginning and the 56 - I really need to read something by this author - thanks for visiting my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  10. What type of business, I wonder? It sounds a little dark ...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried this author, but I'm tempted to now. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!