Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr



I began by watching this video "Online Photosharing in Plain English" at Common Craft. What a nice site. I expect I'll use it to watch other introductions. I explored Flickr and found a number of applications that I could use. I don't usually take photographs and don't own a digital camera. I learned my photography with a 35mm at Bemidji State one summer many years ago but haven't hauled out the camera in years. But some ideas that I could try include photographing displays for ideas and also photographing authors when I chance to meet them at meetings, etc. I have found that putting a face to a book helps make the book more interesting to my students.
The picture above was taken by someone who logs in as wmbooklover whose profile indicates that she is a school librarian from West Monroe, LA. By the way, it took me at least 40 minutes to figure out how to move a picture from Flickr to my blog. If there are clear directions, I couldn't find them. I'm not sure that the path I took of saving the picture to my computer and loading it from there was the most efficient. Choosing the Blog This button at Flickr led me round and round in circles.
When I can next get to school and have a digital camera to use, I am planning to try something like the picture from St. John's and St. Benedicts. Although I am not at all sure who my audience would be for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!