Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hubbs Children's Literature Conference

I recently attended the Hubbs Children's Literature Conference (end of February) and had a chance to have my picture taken with Jane Yolen and her son Adam Stemple. I came back with autographed books that I donated to our HS Media Center (as I forgot to bring along any of my own books by these authors). Today I finally downloaded the pictures from my camera and chose this shot. I was there all day and only took 13 pictures that I weeded down to five. I need to remember that I have a camera and I need to remember to use it.

I am getting ready to head off to Spotlight on Books near Grand Rapids next weekend. I have cleared the old pictures off the camera, charged the batteries, and am ready to try again. Jim Trelease, DJ McHale, Janet Stevens and Mary Casanova will be there. I hope to get at least one good picture of each of them (and some of Rutger's Sugar Lake Resort). Although resorts in April in Minnesota are not looking their best. I doubt that the ice will be off the lake yet. It should be a good conference. I hope to come back with good ideas and autographed books.

I have audiobooks to listen to on the way to and from the conference. Mapquest says that it is a 5 hour drive to get there. I got a new David Weber and I think that I read that there are 35 disks (and I thought that the last Harry Potter at 17 disks was long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!