Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Beginnings: Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.
 
I just started Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston on my Kindle but I have enjoyed her books before and wanted a nice light read in between the weighty stuff I have been reading. This was a free book for the Kindle last week.

First sentence (actually 2):
Waste of his time. That's what this was.

I love that I can just hear and feel the disgust. Clearly this guy is not pleased to be doing what he is doing. I wonder why he is doing it then. 




3 comments:

  1. This does convey a lot of feeling on the narrator's part. Now I'm curious about what will happen next.

    Here's mine:

    http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/friday-memes-beginnings-p-56-nov-19/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked your review, but if the book has too much graphic sex, I would probably stay away..
    plus the poor woman doesn't know she's a wolf? How does that happen? :)
    - Dee, hopping from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely can tell he's irritated. :)

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!