Saturday, April 12, 2014

Book Review: Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Up from the Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress (Book 7)
Publication: Avon (January 28, 2014)

Description: Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones.  They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war...

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights.  Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death...because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences.  And if they fail, their lives--and those of everyone they hold dear-- will be hovering on the edge of the grave.

My Thoughts: UP FROM THE GRAVE was a great conclusion to the story of Cat and Bones. The story starts simply enough. Cat is unable to contact the colleagues she worked with when she was with the government. This forces her to deal with her old nemesis Madigan who now controls the unit and who really wants to get Cat back under his control.

Dealing with him leads to shocking revelations regarding secret experiments the results of which could shatter the fragile peace between the ghouls and the vampires. Cat and Bones find themselves right in the middle of the problem. Both are in great danger as they try to outwit an extremely powerful enemy.

I love the relationship between Cat and Bones. They would literally die for each other if it became necessary and wouldn't hesitate to do anything to keep each other safe. Cat's fearless nature makes this slightly more difficult to accomplish for Bones.

I enjoyed seeing old friends from earlier books in the series as many of them had roles in this current story. Having reached the conclusion, I am so tempted to go back to the beginning and read the whole series in one serious readathon. This is excellent urban fantasy!

Favorite Quote:
Some people were born to be mothers, fathers, inventors, artists, speakers, preachers...and then there was me.

"He's right," I said in a quiet tone. "My true skill is killing. I've excelled at it since I was sixteen, when I took on my first vampire without knowing anything about them."
I bought this one for my Kindle. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!