Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Memes: A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Mercy Kilpatrick wondered who she'd ticked off at the Portland FBI office.
Friday 56:
This house was a fire hazard of piles and emitted a bad, sour smell. As if damp things hadn't dried out in a few years.
This week I am reading A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot. I got this eARC from NetGalley. I am a big fan of the author's work. Here is the description from Amazon:
FBI special agent Mercy Kilpatrick has been waiting her whole life for disaster to strike. A prepper since childhood, Mercy grew up living off the land—and off the grid—in rural Eagle’s Nest, Oregon. Until a shocking tragedy tore her family apart and forced her to leave home. Now a predator known as the cave man is targeting the survivalists in her hometown, murdering them in their homes, stealing huge numbers of weapons, and creating federal suspicion of a possible domestic terrorism event. But the crime scene details are eerily familiar to an unsolved mystery from Mercy’s past.

Sent by the FBI to assist local law enforcement, Mercy returns to Eagle’s Nest to face the family who shunned her while maintaining the facade of a law-abiding citizen. There, she meets police chief Truman Daly, whose uncle was the cave man’s latest victim. He sees the survivalist side of her that she desperately tries to hide, but if she lets him get close enough to learn her secret, she might not survive the fallout…

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathy, this sounds thrilling and suspenseful. Oops! There goes another book onto my TBR! :O)

    Here's my Friday 56 post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is my kind of book. The opening caught me quickly and the excerpt puts me in the house.

    My Friday 56 from Deadly Spirits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is one for me, but I hope you're enjoying it! I'd love for you an your readers to check out mine . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsDOFBK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! I love a mystery with fleshed out characters, especially those with issues. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound really good. Wish I had room on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want more, but it sounds like it could be good. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds like a great thriller. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great one! Thanks for sharing!


    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!