Monday, November 6, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 6, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

This was generally a quiet week. I thought I had my townhouse sold but the buyer backed out. I am starting to feel very unlucky. This is the second time a buyer has backed out.

Otherwise, we have had more snow a few times this week - fifteen inches for the season already - when last year we didn't get our first snow until a couple of weeks from now. Looks like we have an extra-long winter in store for us. However, they are also expecting warming temperatures and rain in the next few days which should melt some of the snow we already have but make for a slushy, icy mess on the roads.

I enjoyed watching the end of the World Series this past week and especially enjoyed that the team I was rooting for won. Now I am in baseball withdrawal and trying to decided what I will be watching on TV to take its place.

Read Last Week
Pathways edited by Mercedes Lackey is the eleventh anthology of Valdemar stories written by a variety of authors. I found the stories to be consistently entertaining and well written. I got this review copy from NetGalley and my review will be posted on Nov. 30.

The End of All Things by John Scalzi completes the Old Man's War series with a collection of four novellas. I enjoyed it. My review will be posted on Dec. 13.
The Human Division by John Scalzi is a collection of thirteen short stories and novellas in the Old Man's War series that were written serially but still make a consistent whole. My review will be posted on Nov 18.

Lure of Oblivion by Suzanne Wright is a paranormal romance featuring werewolves. It is also a romantic suspense title and a spicy romance. I got this one from NetGalley and will post the review on Nov. 25,
Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne begins a YA fantasy series. I enjoyed the characters, the romance, and the world building. My review will be posted on Nov. 17.

Currently
No Place Like You by Emma Douglas is a traditional romance novel I got from NetGalley for review.

Next Week

From my review stack:


Reviews Posted

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:


On Inside of a Dog:


Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

New Adult:


New YA:


What was your week like?


18 comments:

  1. I am so not ready for snow! India Black looks good. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great list of books. I'll be checking some of them out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also have a change in weather. Heavy rains but humid during the day! not much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Where do you live that you're getting snow already? You've had quite a good reading week...go you. Hope you continue to find good reads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cozies! I have a different set of cozies than the ones you have. All good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting list! I like the cover of Rosemarked, particularly. I just added India Black to my TBR pile and hope to get started on it soon. Here's my reading list: http://bit.ly/2ziEikI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Roosevelt's Confidante looks tempting.

    How annoying about the townhouse buyers...but hopefully you will find just the right one, and carry through to the end of escrow.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine living where it has already snowed fifteen inches. We've only had one "cold front" and the temps dropped into the high fifties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow I'd love, slush though I am sure not so much. Sorry your house sale fell through, hope third time lucky works! Rosemarked sounds like a book I should keep an eye on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh nice! I'm a little curious about Rosemarked! I'm thinking it might be the book in an upcoming subscription box but it's only a guess! LOL! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully the third time is the charm on the townhouse! And snow already! Yikes. We had some on Halloween but it didn't stick.

    I read my first Scalzi recently and will definitely be reading more of his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the real estate transaction... third time will definitely be the charm! We haven't had any snow yet, but that's supposed to change by the end of the week. Winter is off to a late start this year, but that's fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how much snow you've had already; what a crazy fall, right? Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry the buyer backed out. Also sorry you already got that much snow- it is going to be a long winter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry your buyers backed out again. That's awful. Wow, so much snow already? That's crazy! Some of those cozies are waiting on my TBR too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about your townhouse. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully soon the right buyers will come along! So frustrating! Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry the buyers backed out. My daughter is dealing with that possibility too. :-(
    I am in North Florida with a shawl around my shoulders. Not sure I could manage much snow.
    Lots of good books you have. I do like the Old Man's War series. I like the cover on Mrs. Roosevelt's Confidant. Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!