Monday, April 23, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 23, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

We began the week by beating the record snowfall for April 16 by getting 13.4 inches of snow but temperatures have warmed up as the week went on and the new snow is gone as is a good part of the snow that was still on the ground. This is Saturday and temperatures near 60 are expected which should melt more. The five day forecast is showing 50s and even 60s for highs which should melt most of the remaining snow. I am quite ready to be finished with snow for the season.

I attended my second yoga class this week and decided this wasn't the right thing for me. For the second week in a row, I left the class with a screaming headache. I talked to the instructor who wasn't concerned, suggesting drinking water and taking a hot shower, but I don't like being in pain. Now that the weather is better, I can go out for walks instead.

I took a break from my review calendar this week by reading the whole Lady Julia Grey mystery series but it is back to reading review books this week. I have finished my May releases and am beginning the June releases on my stack. I have 6 June 5 releases. I will also be able to get a couple of TBR mountain books off my stack because I don't have any adult review books until June 12 releases.

Read Last Week
Aftermath by Kelley Armstrong - Review from Amazon Vine; review will be posted May 18
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn - Mine; review will be posted May 16
Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn - Mine; review will be posted May 17
Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn - Mine; review will be posted May 23
Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn - Mine; review will be posted May 30
The Dark Enquiry by Deanna Raybourn - Mine; review will be posted June 13
A joint review for these novellas will be posted on June 20.
Midsummer Night by Deanna Raybourn
Twelfth Night by Deanna Raybourn
Silent Night by Deanna Raybourn
Bonfire Night by Deanna Raybourn

Currently
Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe by Preston Norton - YA review book from NetGalley that has been on my Kindle since Oct. 17, 2017 even though it won't be released until June 5.

Next Week
  • Willnot by James Sallis - Mine; added to the stack March 5, 2018
  • The Memory of Fire by Callie Bates - Review from NetGalley; publication June 5
  • City of Bastards by Andrew Shvarts - Review from NetGalley; publication June 5
  • Sweet Black Waves by Kristina Perez - Review from Macmillan; publication June 5
  • How We Roll by Natasha Friend - Review from Macmillan; publication June 5
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
Save Me by Tiffany Snow
Shattered Mirror by Iris Johansen
What You Want to See by Kristen Lepionka

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig
 

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:
What was your week like?

21 comments:

  1. Wow, you read a lot of books! Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did read a LOT last week. Wow. I'm looking forward to the Preston Norton book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've seen the last of the snow! I'm really curious about the Deanna Raybourn books. They appeal to me. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a reading week! Sorry to hear about your yoga experience... I've never tried it, but would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be curious what you think of the cursed child. Are you a big Harry Potter fan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that the yoga instructor wasn't more helpful in figuring out what caused the headaches. Loved the Lady Julia series! Hope your weather is improving daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be happy to not see any more snow for... oh seven months or so should do it ha ! The Raybourn books look quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! I plan to read Aftermath shortly! Just have 2 more books I really want to get read before the signing next week, so I'll read it after them! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy thanks for visiting my blog.

    I'm adding Kelley Armstrong book to my TBR and have been so interested in Harry Potter and the cursed child. Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much snow for April. I hope it's over for this year.

    Nice collection of books. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that’s a lot of snow. It snows here at night, but it’s all melted by the afternoon. I hope you enjoy your new books. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I am so impressed that you're already done with May releases and are on to June. I've only read one May release and just yesterday realized that I still have an April ARC that I forgot to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stu king Raybourn collection. Love this author. All her collections!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boo snow! And boo headaches! But the Lady Julia Grey series is so great! Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve never heard of anyone who got a headache from yoga! Oh dear. It is not the activity for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many books!!! The Deanna Raybourn books look awesome, I love those covers. And I am definitely adding How We Roll to my TBR.

    Aw, that stinks about the headaches after yoga. I hate having horrible headaches. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much snow! Winter really does need to let go this year. lol Yoga wasn't for me either. Hope you enjoy your walks once it's warm (and dry) enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It feels good to have little break from reading review copies doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I went for yoga once and felt soooooo much like a noobie there (that was my first ever yoga lesson) and the instructor kept signalling me out asking me to relax in a full class of student. I was so stressed out. Naturally, I didn't attend the class again. I didn't feel great after that too... so you're not the only one. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!