Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Memes: The Queen of Sorrow by Sarah Beth Durst

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Everything will be better soon, Daleina thought.
Friday 56 (56%):
Queen Asana closed her eyes for a moment, and the spirit felt a command sink in: Return home. "I'm deeply sorry, but your queen is on her own."
This week I am reading The Queen of Sorrow by Sarah Beth Durst - the concluding story in the Queens of Rentia trilogy. Here is the description from Amazon:
The battle between vicious spirits and strong-willed queens that started in the award-winning The Queen of Blood and continued in the powerful The Reluctant Queen comes to a stunning conclusion in The Queen of Sorrow, the final volume of Sarah Beth Durst’s Queens of Renthia trilogy.

Queen Daleina has yearned to bring peace and prosperity to her beloved forest home—a hope that seemed doomed when neighboring forces invaded Aratay. Now, with the powerful Queen Naelin ruling by her side, Daleina believes that her dream of ushering in a new era can be realized, even in a land plagued by malevolent nature spirits who thirst for the end of human life.

And then Naelin’s children are kidnapped by spirits.

Nothing is more important to her than her family, and Naelin would rather watch the world burn than see her children harmed. Blaming the defeated Queen Merecot of Semo for the kidnapping, Naelin is ready to start a war—and has the power to do it.

But Merecot has grander plans than a bloody battle with her southern neighbors. Taking the children is merely one step in a plot to change the future of all Renthia, either by ending the threat of spirits once and for all . . . or plunging the world into chaos.

15 comments:

  1. Love that cover and it sounds like a good read!

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are loving it! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover.

    Not a genre I read, but the covers always seem to be gorgeous in this genre.

    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Elizabeth above. Not my genre, but I can understand how one can get fascinated by these worlds. The cover is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Sarah Beth Durst's books. Hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a book I would like. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series sounds fantastic! I haven't read anything by this author before, but I have heard great things. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like fun! I could read that. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intriguing quotes and that cover is so lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it's a compelling end to the trilogy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is beautiful and all in all this sounds like a delightful fantasy series. Enjoy!

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, thanks for reminding me of this author. I'm going to have to try more of her stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover is gorgeous and I love the premise. I need to get the first book in the series. It's a bit different from what I've been reading lately and it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!