Monday, May 14, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 14, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

We had typical Spring weather in Duluth this week. Monday was 83 degrees at my house but 48 degrees two miles away down by the lake. The rest of the week struggled to reach 50 degrees. I did get out and walk three times. 

Otherwise it was a quiet week of reading mostly review books, watching baseball, and playing computer games. I did catch up posting my reviews at Amazon. The books I plan to read next week are evenly divided between my review stack and my TBR pile.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Sweet Black Waves by Kristina Perez - first in new YA epic fantasy based on the story of Tristan and Iseult. My review of this June 5 release will be posted on June 1.
  • Island of the Mad by Laurie R. King - latest Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes mystery. My review of this June 12 release will be posted on June 2.
  • Shattered Dreams by Ellie James - Entertaining YA paranormal that had been on TBR mountain since Dec. 9, 2011. My review will be posted on June 4.
  • The Body in the Ballroom by R. J. Koreto - Entertaining historical mystery starring Alice Roosevelt and her Secret Service Bodyguard. My review for this June 12 release will be posted on June 6.
  • The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen - YA historical novel/romance set in the Mongol Empire 1280 AD and based on an opera. My review for this June 5 release will be posted on June 6.
  • Last Girl Gone by J. G. Hetherton - contemporary mystery starring a disgraced reporter. My review for this June 12 release will be posted on June 7.
Currently
Override by Heather Anastasiu - on TBR mountain since Feb. 14, 2013

Next Week
 Death and a Pot of Chowder by Cornelia Kidd - Review (June 12)
Divergent by Veronica Roth - Mine - reread
Insurgent by Veronica Roth - mine since Dec. 12, 2012
A Merciful Silence by Kendra Elliot - Review (June 19)
Allegiant by Veronica Roth - Mine since Oct. 22, 2013
Girl With a Gun by Kari Bovee - Review (June 19)

Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
The Queen of Sorrow by Sarah Beth Durst
Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire
The Plastic Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought
 Kindle copies of print trilogy already on my keeper shelves.
New Review
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. Lots of new books! I'm ready for sunnier, warmer weather. It was a rainy weekend at my mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy, huge haul! Hope you enjoy them all.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last Girl Gone sounds good. Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all these great books. My daughter loved the Divergent series. I didn't read the books, but the movies were good. Hope you enjoy all your books.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spring weather sure is crazy, lol! Hope it all evens out soon. In the meantime, you've got lots of great books to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog! You have quite a few interesting titles on your list that I might need to look into!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice!! I feel like one of the very few who enjoyed Allegiant! I'll be curious as to your opinion on it! Though I am sure you know how it ended by now, if not, Kudos!! I am lucky if I can avoid spoilers during the week of release for any book! Lol!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to Island of the Mad. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a productive week reading and walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have had that crazy weather here too. Glad you are able to get out and walk despite it. I see quite a few new to me authors that I want to check out. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny how the temps can vary so much! I think Last girl Gone looks like a good thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are reading away! I’ve been slogging through book club books I don’t like and huge books. Hopefully, I’ll get my reading mojo back this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem to be great at reading series. I'm trying to finish off series that I start. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah for a nice easy week! And some really fantastic books! Hope you had an amazing week, and future weeks are just as great! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!