Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Memes: Connections in Death by J. D. Robb

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The legalized torture of socializing lined right up with premeditated murder when you added the requirement of fancy shoes.

That was Lieutenant Eve Dallas's stand on it, and she should know. She was a murder cop in fancy shoes about to socialize.
Friday 56:
She let out a puff of air. "If I'd known there was trouble for him, I'd've called the police. The man I had the bad sense to hook up with when I was younger than that boy in there had some run-ins with the police, and they weren't much good to me back then, either. But I'd have called you in to help Lyle and his sister."
This week I am spotlighting the latest in the In Death series by J. D. Robb - Connections in Death. Here is the description from Amazon:
In this gritty and gripping new novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series, Eve Dallas fights to save the innocent―and serve justice to the guilty―on the streets of New York.

Homicide cop Eve Dallas and her billionaire husband, Roarke, are building a brand-new school and youth shelter. They know that the hard life can lead kids toward dangerous crossroads―and with this new project, they hope to nudge a few more of them onto the right path. For expert help, they hire child psychologist Dr. Rochelle Pickering―whose own brother pulled himself out of a spiral of addiction and crime with Rochelle’s support.

Lyle is living with Rochelle while he gets his life together, and he’s thrilled to hear about his sister’s new job offer. But within hours, triumph is followed by tragedy. Returning from a celebratory dinner with her boyfriend, she finds Lyle dead with a syringe in his lap, and Eve’s investigation confirms that this wasn’t just another OD. After all his work to get clean, Lyle’s been pumped full of poison―and a neighbor with a peephole reports seeing a scruffy, pink-haired girl fleeing the scene.

Now Eve and Roarke must venture into the gang territory where Lyle used to run, and the ugly underground world of tattoo parlors and strip joints where everyone has taken a wrong turn somewhere. They both believe in giving people a second chance. Maybe even a third or fourth. But as far as they’re concerned, whoever gave the order on Lyle Pickering’s murder has run out of chances…

14 comments:

  1. Ive only read the first few books in this series, but would love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Eve sounds like an exciting narrator to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first lines are quite funny. "A murder cop in fancy shoes". Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that beginning! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at that beginning... sounds like a great read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beginning is quite funny. I have not read J.D.Robb, but heard good things about her books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get back to this series. I'm still early on in it, and so have a long way to go with it. I hope you are enjoying it! have a great weekend, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you'll enjoy this newest installment. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beginning did make me laugh. I like Nora Roberts and the premise sound right up my alley, but I've never been grabbed by this series as much as I had hoped. Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just finished Leverage in Death and will be picking this one up shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this series and am so behind in it. I'm going to check and see where I left off and make a trip to the library!

    My Friday 56 from Silver River Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this one, but I hope you end up enjoying. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to love this series and I really need to get back to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to read more of these books...

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!