Monday, May 16, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 16, 2022)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice week despite the fact that my friend cancelled her visit. Her assistant was ill and being tested for Covid and she didn't want to take any chance of bringing Covid north with her. 

We had a few days with heavy rain, lightning and thunder. Duluth didn't have the heavy, damaging storms that hit a large part of Minnesota. The rivers and creeks are very full right now and flooding is possible. However, I live on the top of the hill and am not in any danger of flooding. The rest of the week was nice, sunny and very spring-like.

I caught up on posting reviews at Amazon which I hadn't done for a month. I also caught up posting on LibraryThing. I made good progress on lowering my stack of June review books. I also watched a lot of baseball. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • A Rip Through Time by Kelley Armstrong (Review; May 31) -- First in a new time travel series by a favorite author. My review will be posted on May 26.
  • A Botanist's Guide to Parties and Poisons by Kate Khavari (Review; June 7) -- Entertaining historical mystery set just after World War I in England. Lots of social commentary. My review will be posted on May 31.
  • The Ambitious Card by John Gaspard (Mine; Kindle & Audiobook) -- This audiobook set in Minneapolis/St. Paul stars magician Eli Marks. It had engaging characters and an interesting plot. My review will be posted on June 7.
  • The Gatekeeper by James Byrne (Review; June 7) -- Great hard-boiled thriller that was packed with action and engaging characters. My review will be posted on May 31.
  • A Fatal Booking by Victoria Gilbert (Review; June 7) -- Cozy mystery that is third in a series. Nice characters and engaging mystery. My review will be posted on June 1.
  • The Murders of Richard III by Elizabeth Peters (Audiobook Reread) -- I read this one years ago and got it as an audiobook as part of my membership recently. It was a fun story. My review will be posted on June 9.
  • Peril at Pennington Manor by Tracy Gardner (Review; June 7) -- Second Avery Ayres cozy mystery. Nice characters and story. My review will be posted on June 2.
  • Bayou Book Thief by Ellen Byron (Review; June 7) -- Beginning of a new cozy series set in New Orleans. Filled with quirky characters and a nice mystery. My review will be posted on June 2.
  • The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King (Audiobook Reread) -- I wanted a comfort read to listen to while playing computer games. I reviewed this one back in 2021.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

15 comments:

  1. Lots of good books.

    Going to check out your review of THE HIDDEN ONE.

    I hear good things about her books.

    This will be my first one.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t find a review. I see it is for review. 😊

      Delete
  2. I am a huge fan of cosy mysteries and so have noted Victoria Gilbert. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your friend canceled, but better safe than sorry. All of your books, especially the cozies, look really good. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the visit! And I hope you enjoyed Bones to Ashes, I love her writing and the series, and I hope to pick up the latest soon! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice for your friend not to share any possible cooties with you. We getting some rain now, but its been mostly a drought with low winter precipitation and little spring rain, so we--and the plants--are happy for it.

    A Rip Through Time, A Fatal Booking, and Thank You, Next all caught my eye this week.

    Happy reading. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kelley Armstrong's books, and this is the first I've heard of her new series. Looking forward to it! It looks like you read a lot of great books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still reading adult assembly required; found the plot slow going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all of a sudden warmed up here too. Love the look of the Tasha Alexander's. I'll have to see where I left off with those...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you were able to get caught up on posting your reviews. And of course I'm glad you are watching a lot of baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peril at Pennington Manor looks interesting. I tend to read memoirs, but a cozy mystery is a nice change sometime. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry your friend had to cancel but glad she was so considerate and careful for you! You always read such an interesting variety of books! I've been meaning to read Kathy Reichs for YEARS (my family were huge fans of the TV show Bones) - we have 2 on our shelves, so I should make time for them!

    Enjoy your books this week, Kathy - and Big Book Summer starts next week!

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bummer that your visit was cancelled, but nice that your friend thought ahead and such.

    Nice lineup! Seeing new to me ones other than Kelley's book of course! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry your friend had to cancel her visit, but it was the cautious thing to do. I hope you can reschedule soon. Glad the weather has been mostly nice. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a great week! I just downloaded Adult Assembly Required today.

    Sorry you missed your visit with your friend! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!