Monday, June 13, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 13, 2022)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a pretty quiet week broken up by lunch with 26 of my classmates from Duluth Cathedral High School Class of 1968. It was fun getting together and catching up on each other's lives. The burger and fries I had were good too. 

Today is a chilly 55 degrees but it looks like we have warmer weather coming along with possible thunderstorms.
I think I might have to turn on the air conditioning for the first time in 2022. It is late for that but the weather has been cooler than average so far this year. 

I haven't been reporting on our solar energy statistics because the monitoring system quit working on June 1. We are still making power but don't have any way of keeping track of it until repair people come and install the new monitoring system. That may be a while since this is the peak season for installing new solar systems and the crews are really busy. We will find out how much solar power we made when the utility bill comes but my brother and I are used to checking every day or two. 

This coming week is completely unscheduled. I'm going to try to lower my stack of review books while watching my Atlanta Braves play baseball.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • Saltation by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • The Lost by Jeffrey B. Burton (Review; June 28) - Third in a cozy animal mystery series with a very special cadaver dog and his handler. Notable for three of the viewpoint characters being villains. My review will be posted on June 22.
  • Red on the River by Christine Feehan (Review; June 28) -- First romantic suspense title I've read that had a glossary. I learned more about poker and rock climbing than I really needed but the romance and suspense were nice. My review will be posted on June 21.
  • Dragon Ship by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • The Gathering Edge by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. Super reading week! I loved that Elizabeth Peters series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you have some very tempting books! Stay cool...and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books on your list. I've been wanting to read Emily Henry's books. They look good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been cooler than average here too. It's warm here today but that's been the exception here for June so far.

    I've been wanting to try PEters for a while. One of these years lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've read some good books lately. Book Lovers was a big hit with me, too! Your high school reunion sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the reunion went well! I miss cooler weather already. I'll take freezing temps any day instead of the 100+ degree weather we're having, and that's not eve including the humidity we get with it. Yuck!

    Nice reading line up! Those are all new to me ones but I hope you will enjoy them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You are just now turning on the ac! We've had it on since April. It was probably still snowing there then.

    It sounds like a fun reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun time having a reunion! And seems like a good reading week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed some reunion visiting. I had to chuckle that you might have to turn on your AC. :-)
    I may request The Lost and I just got Holy Chow too. You have a great haul as always. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All new books to me although I do have Book Lovers to read and I usually take a look at your review on GR when we read the same book. Your weather looks a little similar to ours. We work in Centigrade though so I am not too good at Farenheit although we used it up until 1968!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just downloaded Book Lovers and I'm excited to read The Dead Romantics. I need to continue the Amelia Peabody series too.

    I would be fascinated by my solar production if we had solar panels too. I hope they get your monitor fixed soon. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many interesting books today Kathy. It's been really cool here in my part of the world too. It's at least 10 degrees C cooler this year than last. The only thing that's really thriving in my garden is weeds.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!