Monday, June 5, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 5, 2023)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a nice quiet week. We made a lot of solar power this week. My brother tells me that we now have a surplus on our account which will be used to cover the costs incurred during the winter months. Summer is the time to build the surplus for the months when the panels are mostly covered with snow. 
It is nice to have lots of sunny days again. I find it hard to believe, given the amount of snow we had last winter, but we could actually use some rain. The fire danger is pretty high. We do have a small chance to thunderstorms overnight, but the rest of the week looks nice and sunny but a little cooler. Temperatures are forecast to be from the mid-60s to low 70s after today's forecast 82. It hasn't been hot enough yet to use the air conditioner which is kind of nice for the power bill. 

This coming week is appointment free and should allow lots of time for reading and watching baseball games on TV. I don't have any other plans for the week. 

May Reading Report

I read 31 books in May including 15 audiobooks. I managed to knock 7 books off TBR mountain. I also read 7 review books. Ten of the books I read this month were rereads. Most of those were from J. D. Robb's In Death series. I read 10,851 pages and spent a little over 165 hours with my audiobooks. 

I added 61 books to TBR mountain in May including 24 audiobooks and 10 Review books. Eight of the audiobooks were from the Audible Plus catalog, two were from a 2-for-1 sale, and another two were bought using $10 coupons. Four of the audiobooks were add-ons to Kindle purchases for $1.99 each. I also added 5 audiobooks from Chirp sales. 

Forty-eight of my new additions are still marked TBR. Nine of them are Review books with publication dates stretching out until November. 

Here is my June 1st State of the Stack which helps me keep track of review books.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Beyond Heaving Bosoms by Sarah Wendell & Candy Tan (Mine since April 15, 2009) -- This nonfiction title about romance books had lots of interesting information told in an irreverent style. I'll never look at romance books the same way again. My review will be posted on June 6.
  • Unseen (Outcast Season Book 3) by Rachel Caine (mine since January 15, 2011) -- The third in the series continues and continues to ramp up the danger and excitement in this urban fantasy series. My review will be posted on June 6.
  • Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh (Mine; Audiobook) -- Engaging romantic suspense with an excellent narrator. My review will be posted on June 13.
  • Come the Night by Susan Krinard (Mine since January 28, 2009) -- Werewolf paranormal romance with secret baby trope and a "big misunderstanding." My review will be posted on June 7.
  • Airs Above the Ground by Mary Steward (Chirp Audiobook) -- I reread this romantic suspense title via audiobook and enjoyed it. Great characters and an interesting plot. My review will be posted on June 15.
  • Trapper Road by Rachel Caine & Carrie Ryan (Mine) -- This 6th in the Stillhouse Lake series was packed with intrigue and danger. I enjoyed it and hope Carrie Ryan continues the series. My review will be posted on June 8.
  • A Fatal Illusion by Anna Lee Huber (Review; June 20) -- I enjoyed this 11th addition to the Lady Darby series. In this one Lord Gage is almost killed by highwaymen but is still keeping secrets. My review will be posted on June 13.
  • Bigfoot and the Librarian by Linda Winstead Jones (Mine since March 16, 2022) -- This cute title grabbed me when I was looking for something to replace my DNF. It was a fun paranormal romance. My review will be posted on June 15.
DNF
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted

Links go to my posted reviews.

Bought:

Kindle Daily Deals:
  • Going Rogue by Janet Evanovich (Kindle Daily Deal, Free with Kindle Rewards)
  • Supreme Justice by Max Allan Collins (Kindle Daily Deal, $2.99 plus I added the audiobook for $1.99)
BookBub Deals:
Chirp Audiobooks:
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. I'm curious about Beyond Heaving Bosoms. A nonfiction book about romance books sounds interesting.

    Enjoy your quiet week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some cozies here that look like fun reads! Have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great reading month in May and have lots of interesting books ahead for June. You are also doing great with the solar power... I'm surprised more people in FL don't take advantage of it. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your books look so good. I'm really interested in Play for Me because it involves baseball. I'm always looking for baseball related romances or mysteries. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the Mary Stewart!! I love her so much! I just reread Thornyhold but now I want to revisit them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny days are a welcome thing. Our temperatures were crazy hot last week, but some rain blew in over the weekend and now it is more seasonable. Hope you make a great surplus this summer.

    Congratulations on getting all those books read. I almost indulged in the Audible 2 for 1 sale, but then opted for a NetGalley books instead.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's dry here too and we actually have a bad fire up north by Grayling. It's 85 today but cooler than last week's 90s eek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice! I look forward to your thoughts on Trapper Road! I guess it didn't get that kind of "final" ending then if you're hoping for more? Hope you enjoy all of your reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rememberreading all of Mary Stewarts books, and loving them. I will, every now and again, reread one, when in the mood for a good romantic mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surely all these are very good books. Usually I readed the classical authors. To read is good, and gives entertainment, and expectatives for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some great books! Enjoy the new month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt the same after reading Beyond Heaving Bosoms.
    Thirty one books in May is an impressive total!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah for the solar panels doing well! It's wild sometimes how far off review books can be! And yeah that you enjoyed Trapper Road, I was a little bit anxious about it since I love the series, but I feel more confident about it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!