Monday, August 10, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 10, 2026)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a busy week by my standards. I had a dentist's appointment which will be leading to two more appointments since I need to replace a crown. I'm really not looking forward to the experience though I'm told it will be easier than the appointments when the crown was first done more than 30 years ago. I did manage to cough very little at my cleaning and hope I won't be coughing too much for the next appointments. 

It looks like I did a lot of reading this past week but looks are deceiving. Three of the books I finished were short stories. Each took just over an hour to read or listen to. They were more than made up for by another audiobook I listened to this week. It seemed endless which isn't too much of a surprise since I learned the print version has 459 pages. My current audiobook is also a long one but I'm enjoying it a lot more. 

I added nine books to my stack this week including three new review copies. Three of the new additions were from Prime Reading which also included audiobooks. I've already read and returned two of them. The other new audiobook is for a book I already have as a Kindle version. I used one of my Audible Credits for it. I bought Cursed City for my keeper shelf since it was on sale for $2.99. I enjoyed it when I read it as a review copy earlier this year. 

Adding three review copies and reading only two means that my review stack is back at 40 TBR. I do have three on the pile for next week and hope nothing new is added to the review stack. 

This is the week to vote in the Primary Elections to determine who'll be on the ballot in November. It is also a full week of vacation for my brother. He has no plans but needs to use up accrued vacation hours. It will be sort of a preview for his retirement which is getting closer. He plans to retire next April when he hits age 70.

Read Last Week
  • Golden in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook, Mine since May 2, 2023) -- Reread of the 50th book in the In Death series.
  • Shards of Glass by Michelle Sagara (Audiobook, Mine since May 11) -- First in the Academia series which is related to the Chronicles of Elantra series. My review will be posted on September 10.
  • The Case of the Christie Conspiracy by Kelly Oliver (Audiobook, Mine since June 14) -- Historical mystery. I actually preferred the Kindle version to the audiobook because it was easier to keep track of the characters and clues. My review will be posted on September 8.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

4 comments:

  1. I hope the dentistry goes better than you expect.
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be stressful when you go to the dentist with the cough. Always love calling in to see what you are reading. I think I will need to put Murder at Blackfriars high up on my buy next list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the dental work will go well and be a smooth process...as smooth as it can be I guess. Sending <3 your way!

    Nice lineup of reads! Lots of new to me ones here but I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the crown replacement, Kathy. Can't say I am a fan of that either. Looks like you had some great reading last week. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!