Monday, August 24, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 24, 2026)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I don't know where the week went. August is just zipping by. The temperatures are hovering in the mid-seventies. We had just a trace of rain and could use a lot more. I finished a couple of review books and listened to lots of audiobooks. 

Reading Turning Darkness into Light introduced me to Marie Brennan's work. So, when the first in the prequel to the book I read series went on sale at Amazon, I snapped it up. A couple of the others in the five-book series were also on sale. I bought those too. I added the other two books to my "Books I'm Waiting For" list at Amazon and I'm hoping they go on sale before I get to them in my reading. 

I spent time this week setting up my October (!) calendar on my blog and preparing the posts as much as I can before I've actually read the books. 

I read two review copies and added two new ones leaving my review stack at 44 books. I have reviews scheduled for the next three weeks and am sort of taking time off to listen to the In Death series again. I'm up to book 55 with book 64 being published September 5. I've already read a review copy of that one and loved it. 

My Next Week books contain a number in series that I've enjoyed. I should be more eager to read them than I actually am. The In Death books are more compelling. 

I have a friend coming to visit late next week. She'll arrive Thursday after work and leave Sunday afternoon. I'm eager to see her. We're listening to The Others series by Ann Bishop and I'm eager to do that too. Since my brother Bill doesn't have time off while my friend visits, we'll have lots of chances to visit restaurants which is always fun.

Read Last Week
  • The Pumpkin Vice Cafe by Ellie Alexander (Review, September 29) -- 23rd in the Bakeshop Mysteries. My review will be posted on September 22.
  • Murder on the Sacred River by Tasha Alexander (Review, September 22) -- 20th in the Lady Emily historical mysteries. My review will be posted on September 15.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

8 comments:

  1. You’ve got many books on my list as well. Looking forward to the reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire how you get through a reread of all the In Death books. I clicked through to read your review And the Crowd Went Wild - I really enjoyed that one on audio too. Hope your visit is very enjoyable and a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Murder Most Cryptic to read and review. It looks really good. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! I still need to finish Golden's previous series before I let myself start her new series! Lol. I'm caught up with Johnson for once...in this series at least! Lol. Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I love Marie Brennan! I hope you enjoy the series a lot. It's almost a bit sad that you started with Turning Darkness into Light, though... there's some info that you know that only gets discovered in the last book of the Isabella series. Still, knowing and watching Isabella begin to put it together can be fun too, as I know from rereading the series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so organized, Kathy. I really love how you approach your reading and blogging. Nice to see more reasonable temperatures. Great new additions to your stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The In Death series is part of my blogging retirement plan, whenever I give it up I’m going to binge the entire series!
    Enjoy the time with your friend, thanks for sharing your week

    ReplyDelete
  8. How organized you are with your reading schedules! I am a more play- it- by- ear, what- am- I- in- the- mood -for reader. Enjoy the fall weather.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!