It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.
Other Than Reading...
Other Than Reading...
This was a nice quiet week even though my Braves made for stressful baseball games. I'll be watching them play again this evening.
I had a busy week for adding to my TBR piles. I accepted seven new Review copies and turned down four. I also added two Kindle books and their associated audiobooks. I used saved up Reward points for one of the books. The other was on sale for $2.99. I bought the audiobooks rather than using my Audible credits because each cost less than I paid for my Audible credits.
Even though I read four review copies this week my Review stack now sits at 40 books. I have lots of review copies on the stack to read this week. I have 13 November releases to read but only 5 for December. Other than review books, my 2026 TBR stack is sitting at 23 books.
This week should be quiet. I hope the Braves will be able to win against the LA Dodgers so that my baseball watching isn't over until Spring training. I also have some landscapers coming on Tuesday to trim trees and shrubs and get my garden beds ready for the winter. Otherwise, my calendar is empty of everything by reading time.
September Report
I read 33 books in September including 22 of mine and 11 review copies. Twenty of mine were audiobooks for a total of 217 hours of listening. Seventeen of the books I read were from my TBR pile. I also had five rereads.
I added 38 books to my LibraryThing account including 19 audiobooks and 11 review copies. I used three Audible credits and took advantage of one Audible Plus selection. Eighteen of my new additions are still on my TBR pile.
Read Last Week
- The Key to a Killer by Olivia Blacke (Review, October 20) -- The third Ruby and Cordelia mystery. My review will be posted on October 14.
- Split Screen by Lee Goldberg (Review, October 20) -- An Eve Ronin mystery. My review will be posted on October 15.
- Joy to the Bones by Carolyn Haines (Review, October 27) -- The finale to the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series. My review will be posted on October 20.
- Murder at Pellhurst Pond by Clara McKenna (Review, October 27) -- A Stella and Lyndy mystery My review will be posted on October 21.
- To the Hilt by Dick Francis (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since September 16) -- An artist finds himself mixing with villains when his stepfather asks for his help. My review will be posted on November 12.
- The Tropic of Serpents by Marie Brennan (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since September 25) -- The second Lady Trent memoir. My review will be posted on November 13.
- The Voyage of the Basilisk by Marie Brennan (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since September 25) -- The third Lady Trent Memoir. My review will be posted on November 17.
- In the Labyrinth of Drakes by Marie Brennan (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since September 25)
- Murder in the Upper Crust by Mindy Quigley (Review, October 27)
- The Bone Woman by Paige Shelton (Review, October 27)
- Midnight in the House of Commons by Charles Finch (Review, November 3)
- A Glimmer of Death by Laurell K. Hamilton (Review, November 3)
- The Trial of Magdelena Overmorrow by Caitriona Moran (Review, November 3)
- Sunflower Season by Danica Nava (Review, November 3)
- The Fey Duology by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Kindle, Mine since July 1)
- The Vanished Sister by Sherry Thomas (Review copy)
- Where There's Smoke by Rachel Louise Adams (Review copy)
- The Case of the Body on the Orient Express by Kelly Oliver (Audiobook)
- Dragon Blood by Eileen Wilks (Kindle)
- The Astral Library by Kate Quinn (Audiobook)
- The Lady Jewel Diviner by Rosalie Oaks (Kindle)
- Pressure Point by A. J. Landau (Review, December 8)
- The Book Binder's Code by A. D. Bell (Review, January 26)
- Perfect in Death by J. D. Robb (Review, February 2)
- Please Kill My Boss by Evie Ross (Review, February 9)
- Last Resort at Haven's Rock by Kelley Armstrong (Review, February 16)
- Death on Campus by Victoria Gilbert (Review, March 23)
- Gone at First Light by T. Jefferson Parker (Review, March 23)
Bought:
- Tonight and Always by Nora Roberts (Kindle & Audiobook Add-on, $8.17)
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir (Kindle & Audiobook Add-on. $5.19)














No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.
This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.
Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!