Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Memes: Carousel Seas by Sharon Lee

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Carousel Seas by Sharon Lee. This is the final book in her Archers Beach trilogy. These are contemporary fantasy books. Here is the description:
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED

Welcome to Archers Beach in the Changing Land, the last and least of the Six Worlds, where magic works, sometimes, and the Guardian husbands the vitality of the land and everyone on it -- earth spirit and plain human alike.

Kate Archer, Guardian and carousel-keeper, has been busy making some changes of her own, notably beginning a romantic relationship with Borgan, the Guardian of the Gulf of Maine, Kate's opposite number, and, some would say, her natural mate.

Oh, and she's been instrumental in releasing the prisoners that had been bound into the carousel animals -- which she's inclined to think is a good thing. . .

Until a former sea goddess sets up housekeeping in the Gulf of Maine, challenging Borgan's authority; endangering Kate and everything she holds precious.

. . .because the goddess has fallen in love in Borgan; and she'll stop at nothing to possess him.

Archers Beach is about to suffer a sea-change -- and the question is whether Kate can survive it.
Beginning:
I put my palms flat against the unicorn's gilded saddle, and stepped Sideways. This was the tricky part—well. And not burning down the carousel in the process.
Friday 56:
"What happened?" I asked, assuring myself that I just wanted to know, and that I wasn't jealous.
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about this one, but I am intrigued by the story having a unicorn.
    Happy weekend, I added this one to the Linky too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title really grabbed my attention. Not too sure if it's my cup of tea, but sometimes I'm wrong and that's always a nice surprise.

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/26/the-friday-56-46-the-boy-who-drew-monsters/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read many stories featuring unicorns!
    My Friday post features CHORUS LINES, CAVIAR AND CORPSES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it's right up my alley - I'm adding this series to my tbr. :)

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure of this one but I wanted to wish you the best for the Season

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although this is not my chosen genre for reading the heroine's attitude caught my attention. :-) Best wishes for 2015.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!