Monday, December 8, 2014

It's Moday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 8, 2014)


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This past week was a quiet one. The weather has improved with days coming close to 30 degrees. One elementary music program is over and the last one will be this coming Friday. Then all we have to do is keep some sort of learning environment going until Christmas break. We have school through December 23 this year. We'll start again on January 5.

I am really looking forward to Christmas Break. I don't plan to do any traveling. I've invited my brother down to celebrate with me. I hope the weather lets him actually arrive for this holiday. Right now a brown Christmas is being forecast and that is perfectly all right with me. Big, puffy snowflakes on Christmas Eve is all the snow I really need for the whole winter.

This week was a good one for reading. I enjoyed all the books I read. I am also managing to make a dent is the huge stack of review books I have on my calendar for January.

Read Last Week
Love & Other Theories by Alexis Bass will be released on Dec. 30. It was a sex and alcohol filled visit to high school. The writing was good but I had some issues with the content. My review will be posted on  Christmas Day.

Carousel Seas by Sharon Lee was the conclusion to her Archers Beach trilogy. I really enjoyed this contemporary fantasy because it had great characters. My review will be posted on December 27.
Endlessly by Kiersten White was a book that has been on my TBR mountain since 2012. It was the end of the Paranormalcy trilogy and was a great story with excitement, romance, humor, and epic adventure. My review will be posted on December 27. 

Hungry Like the Wolf by Paige Tyler was from my review stack. I really liked this paranormal romance. It had danger, romance, and great characters. My review will be posted on January 1 for this January 6 release. 
Private Affair by Rebecca York is a romantic suspense title. I liked it. The characters were well drawn and the villain was really creepy. My review will be posted on January 3.

Save Me by Jenny Elliott was a YA debut novel. It is a romance with some supernatural portions. It needs a little polish but was an engaging story. My review will be posted on January 1.

Currently


I haven't started my next book yet. When I do, it will be The Unicorn Hunter by Che Golden.

Next Week
Night Shift by Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews et al. is one I have been eager to read. Singh and Andrews are both on my favorite authors list. 

The rest of my stack are review books that will be releasing in January.

The Unicorn Hunter by Che Golden
The Hound at the Gate by Darby Karchut
Owl and the Japanese Circus by Kristi Charish
Polaris by Mindee Arnett

Finishing this will mean I have reviews scheduled until January 10 on both blogs.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
What have you got planned for the coming week? Leave me a link and I'll be sure to visit. 


    12 comments:

    1. THe Christmas break for my kids is from the 17th Dec to Feb 2nd to cover our summer, so far it's been at least 30 degrees everyday here too, but centigrade not Farenheit!

      Have a great reading week!
      Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

      ReplyDelete
    2. The Unicorn Hunter looks wonderful.

      ReplyDelete
    3. An interesting array of books, and if I took my pick I think it would be Private Affair. Our summer is upon us like Shellyrae, although hopefully not too often in the 30's C. I know all about trying to keep students school orientated as we head into holidays, we get our longest break now and school won't reopen until beginning of Feb.

      ReplyDelete
    4. OOoh very nice! It's been sooo long since I read Endlessly! I can't quite remember everything, and it's not that I didn't enjoy it...it's just been too long with too many reads in between! Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

      Here's my Monday Wrapup

      Have a GREAT day!

      Old Follower :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'm impressed how far ahead you are with your reviews! I'm usually about that far behind! I have not read the Kiersten White trilogy yet, but I have heard such good things about it. I hope you enjoy your quiet Christmas at home. We'll be traveling as usual, but at least we get to go somewhere warm and sunny!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hooray for winter break! I'm not sure how much my little guy will be doing in school for the next few weeks, but I hope he still learns a few things!

      Endlessly looks good. I will be on the lookout for your review at the end of the month!

      ReplyDelete
    7. December 23?? We get out the 19th, and that's plenty long enough for me. Our Christmas concert was yesterday, but we still have our children's Christmas services to prepare. "Some sort of learning environment" is pretty much accurate! Enjoy your reading!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Not much time to get ready for Christmas ... but I'll keep my fingers crossed that your weather is favourable for travel and your brother gets to spend Christmas with you. Nice line-up of books as always. Happy reading :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Private Affair looks really good. I'm going to add it to my wishlist. Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Love and Other Theory's is on my TBR list, and yeah that you enjoyed Endlessly, myself, I loved it :) I've been meaning to read Polaris :) Seems like a pretty good week :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      ReplyDelete
    11. glad you enjoyed your week of reading!
      soon, happy holidays...?

      ReplyDelete
    12. I haven't heard of any of these! Hope you enjoy them and happy reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      ReplyDelete

    I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

    This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

    Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!