Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Cajun Nights by D. J. Donaldson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
He unbuttoned the pocket on his white shirt, plunged two fingers and a thumb into it, and brought out three lemon balls and some lint. He held them out in the palm of his small hand, an appendage she knew regularly handled human remains. "Care for one?" he asked.

The answer came easily. "No thanks."
This week my teaser comes from Cajun Nights by D. J. Donaldson. I was offered a review copy of this book and couldn't resist because I have been meaning to start this series. The ebook version was released on October 31 by Astor + Blue. Here is the description from Amazon:
Imagine investigating a case where each of the several victims had type O blood, drove an obsolete car, and hummed a nursery rhyme before committing murder and then suicide. That’s young criminal psychologist Kit Franklyn’s assignment and the solution just seems plain impossible. Her obese, jovial boss, chief medical examiner Andy Broussard, is just as baffled as she is. Together, they devise strictly scientific possibilities. Not once do they consider black magic to be the culprit until an ancient Cajun sorcerer’s curse surfaces, “Beware the songs you loved in youth.”

7 comments:

  1. Everything about the book says READ ME. ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is one I have got to read. What an odd case!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesdays-92-dependent/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you may like the cloak and dagger challenge for 2015 :)
    HapPy TT!
    Mine's the new WW1 release from Of Love and War series HOPE RISING

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, definitely intriguing! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “A FIREPROOF HOME FOR THE BRIDE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your teaser! I can definitely see the scene. Sounds like a good plot too.
    My Tuesday post features FAT CHANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Yeah, that'd be my response too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!