Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Undercity by Catherine Asaro

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
The City of Cries stood on the shore of that long-vanished ocean. I knew that desert. I knew that city. I had grown up in Cries and lived her later as an adult.

I had never intended to return.
My teaser comes from Undercity by Catherine Asaro. While this book takes place in the author's Skolian Empire, it begins a new series. I have read many of the previous books and look forward to revisiting the world. Here is the description of this Dec. 2 release:
BOOK ONE IN A BRAND NEW SERIES by Nebula and Hugo Award Winner Catherine Asaro set in the world of her Skolian Empire universe.  In the galaxy-spanning future, Major Bhaajan is a tough female P.I. who works the dangerous streets of Undercity.

Major Bhaajan, a former military officer with Imperial Space Command, is now a hard-bitten P.I. with a load of baggage to deal with, and clients with woes sometimes personal, sometimes galaxy-shattering, and sometimes both. Bhaajan must sift through the shadows of dark and dangerous Undercity—the enormous capital of a vast star empire—to find answers.

4 comments:

  1. I finished this one and loved it. Looking forward to more in the series. I wonder where Miz B is. She wasn't around for Musing Mondays either. Since I follow your blog I did see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOoh very nice! Wonder why they returned?!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a profound and visual teaser. I think I'd like this author.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/09/teaser-tuesdays-91-a-zombie-christmas-giveaway-and-freebies/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting name for a place... that is a very intriguing snippet too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!