Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just a Saturday

L I B Pewter Lowercase Letter r A r002 Y T H i N Bead Letter G

I have spent a good part of today trying to add my books to LibraryThing. I didn't know that I was taking on such a big project when I began.

Yes, I know I have lots of books. But it seems like more when you have to handle each one. This task would never even have been begun if I hadn't purchased the CueCat Scanner from LibraryThing. At least it catches most of the books recent enough to have scanable bar codes. Of course, it missed all of my ancient Travis McGee books! Now there is a literary hero to die for!

I moved out of my family room today (having reached the letter L) and into my guest room where the letters L through S live. I just finished through the letter M and have reached a total of 2329 books.

Now I want to read some books. I started Sherwood Smith's Wren to the Rescue this morning. Since I really enjoyed Crown Duel, I wanted to see if I would enjoy the rest of her books. So far, so good.

I'd also like to give a hearty recommendation for Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George. One of my students came in raving about it. So I took it home and read it that night. I thought it was excellent. It reminded me of Robin McKinley's Damar books and Patricia Wrede's Dragon books which shouldn't come as a surprise considering the George mentions them as inspirations.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about listing your books taking a long time. I put just 5 onto Shelfari, a similar site, and it took time. It's fun to look at other people's reviews and choices too, though.
    Colorful "Librarian" sign.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!