Friday, October 1, 2010

Review: Alpha by Rachel Vincent

Alpha
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publication: Mira; Original edition (October 1, 2010)


Description: The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.


It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can—that will—change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.


But life never waits until you're ready.


My Thoughts: It was wonderful! It was bloody, violent, heart breaking, and ultimately satisfying. There were betrayals and battles lost. There were unexpected heroes. Faith had seemingly insurmountable odds to face. 


I don't want to spoil the story for anyone but, I will say, that, if you have been following this series, you need to get this book and read it now. The quote might be considered by some to be "spoilery" but, having lost my father, I thought it was a great summation of the way I felt (only said much better than I could ever say it).


Highly recommended for all lovers of urban fantasy/paranormal romance.


Once more people have had a chance to read the book, I would love to discuss Faythe's romantic dilemma in this one.




Favorite Quote:
My father had been the single greatest strength in my life. He was the force that made the clocks tick, and the sun rise and set. In my youth, his expectations fueled my ambition and his disappointment cut deep into my heart, even when I rebelled in an attempt to forge my own path. When I grew up, making him proud still carried the same weight, even if I wouldn't admit it.
Challenges: RYOB Reading Challenge, Paranormal Reading Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!