Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is from the 2010 YA Debut novel by Brenna Yovanoff - The Replacement. Daniel Kraus, in his Booklist review, says the book is "shockingly original and frequently breathtaking."


The teaser:
Forget Tate. Forget dead kids and bloody lockers and the deep, pulsing ache I got whenever I thought about my family or my future. This was my life, right here.

And I wanted it.
Don't forget to enter my ARC Giveaway. It is for followers and ends Oct. 31.

11 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read this one. Great teaser!

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it! Need to get this book NOW!

    You're breaking my word... on the budget! Arghhh. Thanks for the teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this book had a great story, I can't wait for your full review to see what you think:) Such a good teaser too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one ever since I saw the cover. The teaser just makes me want it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! This one is on my TBR just because I love the cover (yep I have been sold on less)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds kind of creepy, especially when one factors in that mobile on the cover. *Shivers*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one I really want to read!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-time_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teasing! I want to read that book!And I like to cover, too:) If you like to check out my teaser: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is on my TBR list. I am not a huge YA fan, but this cover really draws me in!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!