Sunday, May 1, 2011

In My Mailbox (May 1, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I added six books to my TBR stack this week.
Even though I am trying to cut back on the number of books on my stack for review, when I read about Original Sin by Beth McMullen, I was intrigued about the idea of a former spy being a suburban house wife and had to ask for a copy.

Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston was an automatic purchase because I lover Laurenston's quirky shifter romances. 
Mary Jo Putney is also an auto-buy for me. I love the cover of Nowhere Near Respectable and am eager to read this historical fiction story.

Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris sounds interesting. It is historical urban fantasy with a librarian for a main character. 
As You Wish by Gabi Stevens is an urban fantasy/paranormal romance sort of book that sounded like it could be a fun read.

Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller is the latest in their Liaden Universe series. The book won't be published until August 2 but I bought the eARC from Baen as soon as it became available because I love the series and just couldn't wait. 

Those were the books I couldn't resist. What did you get?



8 comments:

  1. Could never decide for myself if I wanted to read Phoenix rising! Still kind of easing into books like that!

    Here's my IMM

    Old Follower
    Jessica@<a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo I'm so jealous you got Big Bad Beast! Such a fun series.


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul! Have a great week reading! and thanks for stopping by :)

    MIchelle from Pineapples&Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish sounds amazing,

    thanks for stopping by
    The Book Mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, you've got a great lot of books as well. I hear you on Original Sin it sounded fantastic so I requested it. Paperbackswap I have a bunch of credits with so I'm trying to use them up or at least some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some Shelly Laurenston on my TBR list and I hope I can get to it soon, especially since I keep seeing that she has new books coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Original Sin does sound good! I'm looking forward to your review :)


    Here is my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh. Totally reminded me. I received the spy book, too but forgot to mention it. Whoops. :/

    Looks like you received some great reads this week!

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!