Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Beginning & Friday 56: Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages 


Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 

If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.


The Friday 56


Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Freda's Voice
  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda's Voice
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I chose my latest guilty pleasure read to feature here. Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton is the 20th in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. I am always eager to catch up with Anita's latest adventure. I even stuck around during the "man, there's a lot of gratuitous sex" phase of the series. I have heard that this one has moved away from that story arc. But, since I have just picked up the book, I will have to wait and see.

Beginning:
The main piece of the body lay on the ground, on its back in the middle of a smooth grassy field.
Friday 56:
"Take care of Edward for me and the kids."
I am really hoping that Edward does have a role to play in this one. He is one of the most intriguing characters in the whole series for me.

7 comments:

  1. I hope Edward and the kids are alright too!
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a die hard Anita fan too!! I can't wait to get my hands on this one, I'm just hoping that it isn't the last one. I read once on her old website that there were only going to be 20 books, but hopefully she'll put out at least a few more! Great teasers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cripes - what a beginning. Certainly draws you in!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-beginningson-friday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long-running series are fun to follow. I hope you enjoy this one!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning is very intriguing. I have only read a few in this series, I need to get caught up.
    The Road to Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting to see how the tale progresses from sentence one to page 56. I've never read this series, but I know of it.

    Here is my post: Beautiful & Pointless. I hope you will stop by. And I hope you will enter my June Giveaway. I'll be giving away a copy of Anna and the French Kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the Anita Blake Series but if it is as fun as the author is, then it has to rock! I went to see her a couple of weeks ago and she was a fun speaker!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!