Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Memes: Cast in Peril by Michelle Sagara

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am featuring Cast in Peril by Michelle Sagara. I received this book from NetGalley for review. It is the eighth book in the Chronicles of Elantra fantasy series. Here is the description:
It has been a busy few weeks for Private Kaylin Neva. In between angling for a promotion, sharing her room with the last living female Dragon and dealing with more refugees than anyone knew what to do with, the unusual egg she'd been given began to hatch. Actually, that turned out to be lucky, because it absorbed the energy from the bomb that went off in her quarters.…

So now might be the perfect time to leave Elantra and journey to the West March with the Barrani. If not for the disappearances of citizens in the fief of Tiamaris—disappearances traced to the very Barrani Kaylin is about to be traveling with…
Beginning:
The worst thing about having a roommate, in Kaylin's opinion -- and admittedly after only two weeks -- was morning. The fact that this particular roommate was a Dragon didn't help.
Friday 56:
"Bellusdeo believes that the egg wouldn't have hatched without the bomb, so--I have the hatchling." She hesitated. "Would someone really kill me over it?"

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds intriguing....and I can agree about roommates, even if they're not dragons...lol

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Friday 56/Beginnings post. With citizens disappearing, bombs, a hatchling, and a dragon for a roommate, it sounds like there's lots of stuff going on in this book!
    Here's my Friday 56/Beginnings post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the synopsis, and it has a very captivating first sentence!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!