Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 18, 2013)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

On the Personal Front:

This was another quiet week. School is going just fine. My fifth graders are learning to make citations which we are all finding frustrating but we will get it eventually, I hope. The weather has been gloomy and rainy. However, rain is better than snow any day.

A new restaurant opened in town a couple of weeks ago and I decided to try it out on Friday. Apparently, the newness hasn't worn off. I waited an hour before I was seated. Luckily, I never travel without my Kindle and had a book to keep me occupied.

Last Week:

I had a great reading week. Most of the books I read were hard to put down and really engaging.
Wild Justice by Kelley Armstrong completes the Nadia Stafford series. I really liked this concluding book and loved the way it ended. My review will be posted on Nov. 21 but you will still have to wait until Nov. 26 to get your copy.

Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery was a nice romance. I loved the characters. Since it is book 14 in the Fool's Gold series, I headed to Paperback Book Swap and used my credits to get the first twelve books in the series. My review will be posted on Nov. 23. The book is available now.
Pawn by Aimee Carter was an interesting dystopia and begins a new series for the author. I enjoyed it but found it very similar to other dystopias I have read. My review will be posted on Nov. 21.

Nick and Tesla's High Voltage Danger Lab by Bob Pflugfelder and Steve Hockensmith is a middle grade mystery that will appeal to young scientists. It included step by step instructions to make lots of the gadgets Nick and Tesla made. My review will be posted on Dec. 5.
Crash Into You by Katie McGarry was an intense and emotional contemporary romance in her Pushing the Limits series. I really liked the characters. My review will be posted on Nov. 23.

Darkbeast Rebellion is the sequel to Darkbeast and is a middle grade fantasy. I enjoyed the story very much and loved the relationship between Keara and her darkbeast Caw. My review will be posted on Nov. 28.

Currently:
I am currently reading Kissed by a Dark Prince by Felicity Heaton. It has been a while since I read something so blatantly erotic. Chapter two was intense!

Next Week:
Being out of adult review books until later in December means that I can finally get to these two books by favorite authors.

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
Trade Secret by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
I'm still working on review books on the YA side. 

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman will be released on Dec. 10.

Blood Bound by Keshia Swaim was released in October.

The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson was released in September. 

Reviews Last Week:

What was last week like for you?

8 comments:

  1. Nice to be able to read your own preference of authors for a change. I have Dark Witch on audio which I will get around to eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pawn is a popular title this week, I'd like to read Dark Witch
    Read on!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. All new to me. Enjoy them all and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Christmas on 4th Street this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't able to get through These Broken Stars but I've seen some early reviews and they seem to be on the positive side. I hope you enjoy it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first few books of Susan Mallery's series to read. They look so good.

    Have a great week!

    My Monday post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of books! I've been dying to read Dark Witch, but haven't been able to find a copy yet. :( Hope you enjoy these reads!

    Take a look at what's on my reading list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen mixed reviews for Dark Witch, I'm a Nora Roberts fan so will definitely be reading it, just not sure when lol. Glad you enjoyed Crash Into You. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!