Monday, March 4, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 4, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

Well, we broke the record. We received 36.4 inches of snow in February. It hasn't stopped snowing yet. We got 1.7 inches on March 1. We don't have any more snow in the forecast for the next week but are going to have below average temperatures. We even have a windchill advisory for Sunday into Monday with windchills of 30 to 40 degrees below zero. I'm getting really, really tired of winter.

My reading this week had me scheduling reviews out into April as I discovered that I had never written reviews for the Sharing Knife series or most of the Alex Craft series. Getting approved for the latest Alex Craft on Sunday night had me finding the rest of that series for my Kindle and rereading the first four books and reading book five for the first time before I felt ready to read the new one.

Since I was already scheduling things for April, I decided to finish out my calendar and get the basic posts ready. There were already seven review books on the calendar. So I added some of my recent arrivals to fill out the empty spaces.

February Report

I read 25 books in February for a total of 9741 pages. Sixteen of the books were mine with 12 being rereads. Twenty-three of the books were ebooks read on my Kindle.

I added 20 books to my LibraryThing account. Sixteen were review books. All of them are still TBR. Four of the review books are April releases. One of the other TBR books is on my April calendar to read.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Passage (The Sharing Knife) by Lois McMaster Bujold (Mine) - Third in the Sharing Knife fantasy series. My review will be posted on April 16.
  • Horizon (The Sharing Knife) by Lois McMaster Bujold (Mine) - Fourth and final book in the Sharing Knife series. My review will be posted on April 23.
  • Grave Witch by Kalayna Price (Mine) -- This reread of a book is preparing me for the newest in the series. My review will be posted on March 23.


DNF

  • The Poet by Stephanie Jo Harris (Review) -- While this has a good rating on Amazon, I read the first 10% and just was confused. 
  • The Poet: Recusant by Stephanie Jo Harris (Review) -- It didn't seem to make sense to start book 2 when I didn't like book 1.

Currently

  • Grave Ransom by Kalayna Price (Mine) -- This is the 5th in the Alex Craft urban fantasy series. I've had it on TBR mountain since July 4, 2017 but hadn't gotten around to reading it. 

Next Week

  • Grave Destiny by Kalayna Price (April 2) - This review copy arrived Sunday night and triggered my reread of the previous books in the series. 
  • The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman (YA; April 2)
  • Caterpillar Summer by Gillian McDunn (YA; April 2)



Reviews Posted

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:
Thornbound by Stephanie Burgis - I read the review copy but wanted a keeper copy of this novella.

Review:
What was your week like?

18 comments:

  1. WOW that is a lot of books to read in a month, and a short month at that. We broke the snow amount record here in Iowa too. Supposed to get more this weekend. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Ton's of great reads here! I'm sick of winter too. As much as I like to cozy up with a blanket and coffee and read this time of year...I miss the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your reading numbers! Mine seem to be lower than ever lately.

    Enjoy staying cozy and warm, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caterpillar Summer looks really cute (going by the cover). You sure got a lot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow and winter, and even I am ready for spring.

    The Burgis books sound really good, so does Caterpillar Summer. And I can't wait for the next book in the Truly Devious series to come out either!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't even have that much snow or those cold temperatures, but I am ready for this winter to be over too. Stay safe.

    ENJOY your reading week, and thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's a lot of snow... and a lot of reading for Feb. Ah yes the sun can be a welcome sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh very nice! Some new to me reads and some familiar ones! I just finished Grave Destiny and loved it! Hope you will too!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow winter is hitting your area hard at the moment! I hope to read The Vanishing Stair soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not do all that snow, but I suppose most of the battle is just whatever you're used to. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! So much snow! I hope it's behind you and spring gets here soon. A Dream of Death looks really good. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay? for breaking your snow record?? We are expecting 3 to 5 overnight. You had a great reading February.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're expecting more rain. That will probably mean more flooding in the North Bay. Here, though, we should be fine. My weekly updates.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lot of snow - and a lot of reading! I don't come anywhere close to 25 books a month - but I'd like to! One day . . . Here's what I am reading: http://bit.ly/2UlYMQH

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just unreal! I'd be very very tired of winter with that much snow, too. Wow! Awesome reading for February!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh mercy! There are lots of records I'd love to break, but snow records is not one of them.

    I do think it has given you lots of time to read, though. And that's definitely a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woah - that is a lot of snow! I hope you were snuggled in with good books.
    Your comments have me interested in the Alex Craft series.
    I picked up A Willing Murder this week on Daily Deal. I'll have to peek at your review. :-)
    Lots of good books as usual. Stay Warm and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!