Monday, March 18, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 18, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

We had really changeable weather this week. We had a couple of days of rain and fog which melted a lot of our snow and caused some localized flooding. Then it got colder again but bright and sunny.

This was my week to have my taxes done. Hearing all the horror stories about people expecting refunds and having to pay instead, I was a little worried. However, mine turned out okay. I got a pretty good refund from the Federal Government and owed the State less than $100. Now that my income streams have stabilized in my retirement, I could go in and adjust withholding but I don't mind getting a substantial refund each year.

My brother and I had intended to go out to dinner on Friday evening. But after driving by three different restaurants and seeing long lines at each of them, we decided ordering a pizza would be a lot less stressful. I still have a coupon for the first restaurant that we wanted to eat at and will probably go out by myself this evening. I am able to do that again now that the days stay light so much longer. Not driving in the dark does limit some of my restaurant choices for part of the year.

I have been busy watching Spring Training baseball games and The Voice. Otherwise, I've been concentrating on reading. This week I have my two final April releases and then can tackle some of my recent purchases.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • The Ghost Manuscript by Kris Frieswick (Review; April 2) - Thriller regarding old manuscripts and the hunt for King Arthur. My review will be posted on March 31.
  • A Hidden Magic by Vivian Vande Velde (Mine) - This dusty old paperback has been on my shelf since Oct. 5, 2010. It was an entertaining middle grade story with lots of fairy tale tropes. 
  • Dreaming Darkly by Caitlin Kittredge (YA Review; April 9) - YA Gothic mystery. My review will be posted on April 2.


  • A Dream of Death by Connie Berry (Review; April 9) - Mystery set in Scotland. My review will be posted on April 4.
  • Come and Get Me by August Norman (Review; April 9) - a journalist comes back to her college to collect on honorary degree and finds herself involved with a serial killer and missing girls. My review will be posted on April 6.


  • The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey (YA Review; April 16) - Historical mystery/romance. My review will be posted on April 10.
  • Under the Table by Stephanie Evanovich (Review; April 16) - Contemporary romance. My review will be posted on April 11.

Currently


Next Week



Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:


Review:








What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. So many lovely books! Enjoy your week, and sometimes curling up with pizza is so much more relaxing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see the new PJ Tracy book right at the very end! I usually listen to The Monkeewrench series on audio but i think I couldn’t wait for the audio last time and read the last one in print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! I just read Wolfhunter Creek two weeks ago and enjoyed it! I hope you will enjoy it too!

    I hope you enjoy your books lined up for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather has been weird around here too: warm one day, cold and windy the next. I'll be glad when spring is really in full swing.

    I would love to add so many of these to my wish list. The Hummingbird Dagger, Witchmark, and Death Comes to Dartmoor are especially of interest.

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2019/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-mar-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Witchmark. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several on your list look quite intriguing! Ghost Manuscript and Hummingbird Dagger in particular. Thanks for visiting my reading list today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection of books as always. We expected a bad tax return and planned accordingly. We're getting refunds from both. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many books! Hard to know where to begin.

    Here's to the arrival of spring (on more than just the calendar).

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great selection, Rachel Caine’s series is on my TBR list.

    Have a great reading week:)

    Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza was good call ... easier and more relaxing than waiting in lines. So many great books here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our weather has been so crazy too! It can't decide. And you can never go wrong with pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Spring! I always love to see the variety of your books. I've been wanting to read a Stephanie Evanovich book so I'll be watching for your review. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so many great books! And a new Janet Evanovich - my husband and I love her Stephanie Plum series - hilarious!

    And we do the same with taxes - withhold a bit more and get a substantial return each year - then we put that in a high yield savings account and draw from it as needed during the year. Works for us.

    Hope you are enjoying your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oy. Getting a refund makes my eye twitch.

    Our weather is doing the same thing here. It's crazy watching it each day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!