Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday Memes: The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanna Fluke

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Hannah Swensen slipped into the old leather bomber jacket that she'd rescued from the Helping Hands thrift store and reached down to pick up the huge orange tomcat that was rubbing against her ankles. "Okay, Moishe. You can have one refill, but that's it until tonight."
Friday 56:
Luanne was clearly surprised to see Hannah when she answered the knock at the door. "Hannah! What are you doing way out here?"

"I need to talk to you, Luanne." Hannah handed her the cookie bag. "I brought some Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies for Suzie."
This week I am spotlighting a book that has been on my TBR mountain since 2010. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanna Fluke caught my attention because of the Minnesota setting. Here is the description from Amazon:
Take one amateur sleuth. Mix in some eccentric Minnesota locals. Add a generous dollop of crackling suspense, and you've got the recipe for this delicious new mystery series featuring Hannah Swensen, the red-haired, cookie-baking heroine whose gingersnaps are almost as tart as her mouth and whose penchant for solving crime is definitely stirring things up.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Hannah already has her hands full trying to dodge her mother's attempts to marry her off while running The Cookie Jar, Lake Eden's most popular bakery. But once Ron LaSalle, the beloved delivery man from the Cozy Cow Dairy, is found murdered behind her bakery with Hannah's famous Chocolate Chip Crunchies scattered around him, her life just can't get any worse. Determined not to let her cookies get a bad reputation, she sets out to track down a killer. But if she doesn't watch her back, Hannah's sweet life may get burned to a crisp.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one. I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound fun and I've been wanting to try this author. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!