Monday, June 10, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 10, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This has been a good week. I have been doing a lot of walking along with my Curves visits. The weather has been just great!

This week saw a visit from a service that analyzes our home energy uses and suggests ways to improve. It was a free service and required by our power company before we can do our solar install. We got a lot of good ideas along with some freebies including energy efficient light bulbs, an energy efficient power strip, and even a low water flow shower head. Of course, there were also ideas we have no intention of implementing. We like have two refrigerators and two freezers and the freezers, at least, are almost always full!

Weather permitting (and thunderstorms are in the forecast), our solar install will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday. The man who called from the installing company said they like to start work at 7 AM. He heard my whimper when he said that. Days don't count as starting for me until the time reaches double digits! I am definitely a night owl. Oh, well, it should only be a couple of days.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (Mine and a reread)
  • The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King (Mine 2019) - This is the first Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell historical mystery. I read it years ago and didn't keep the book. I got the Kindle copy. My review will be posted on August 18. It was scheduled earlier but I needed to move it for July 9 releases that I got this week.
  • The Pawful Truth by Miranda James (July 16) - This is the eleventh book in the Cat in the Stacks cozy mystery series. I've only read two but enjoyed this story of Librarian Charlie Harris getting involved in another mystery and solving it with the help of his Maine coon cat Diesel. My review will be posted on July 9.


  • Past Perfect Life by Elizabeth Eulberg (July 9) - This was an excellent contemporary YA story about a girl who discovers that she was kidnapped by her father as a toddler when she applies to college. Her sense of identity is tested when her mother, who had been looking for her for 15 years, sweeps in and takes her back to a life and people she doesn't know or want. My review will be posted on July 6.
  • Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh (Mine 2019) - The latest in the Psy-Changeling series was another excellent paranormal romance with a lot of suspense too. My review will be posted on June 11.


  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman (July 9) - This laugh-out-loud contemporary romance tells the story of Nina Hill who discovers, after the death of the father she never knew, that she has sisters, a brother, nieces, nephews, and even great-nieces and nephews which really rocks the world of this solitary, anxiety-prone bookworm. My review will be posted on July 7.
  • The Hills Have Spies by Mercedes Lackey (Mine 2019) - I really enjoy the Valdemar fantasy stories by Lackey and had been waiting until the paperback was released to lower the Kindle price before buying this one. It was a great story that would work quite well as a YA or even Middle Grade title. My review will be posted July 3.

Currently

  • Eye Spy by Mercedes Lackey (July 9)

Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:


Review:




What was your week like?


13 comments:

  1. I like how orderly your post is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover on THE BEEKEEPER’S APPRENTICE.

    I see which book you read by the Three W’s. :) THE GLASS OCEAN was good. Let me know what you think of THE FORGOTTEN ROOM. I liked both books, but liked THE FORGOTTEN ROOM better.

    ENJOY your week, and thanks for stopping by my blog, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh nice selection! Lots of new to me ones in these, but I hope you will enjoy all your reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've listened to the Mary Russell books on audio! Love them. I think I may have missed the last few, though, now that I think of it. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selection of books. I hope the solar installation goes well. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Nina Hill book sounds amazing! I am definitely adding it to my list!

    Good luck with your install!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the Nina Hill book. I am watching for that one.

    I'm glad your weather has been so good. I imagine summer is a wonderland for you after all that snow. I bet it never gets overly hot, either.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of books. I have the Pawful Truth for review, too. I love this series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had a great reading week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh good luck with the solar install! Although I think I'd cringe at 7am too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of The Forgotten Room. Sounds very interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I’m with you on the morning thing Kathy, I’m happy to stay up all night and sleep most of the day

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, double digits on time is a thing for me as well! Glad the weather has been so nice for walking. I hope your solar install is going well. Gotta get the new Nalini book!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!