Monday, June 3, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 3, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week which featured our first day with a temperature over 80. Of course, the next day the high didn't reach 60 which is typical for Spring in Duluth. My brother found a day when he was home during daylight and there was no rain to mow the lawn. The lawn care guys also came and did a weed and feed. It's nice to be dandelions free even though our next door neighbors yard is yellow with them.

I was in a rereading binge this week and I picked books to fill out my July calendar. Most of them are hardcovers that have been sitting on my TBR mountain for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do once my TBR mountain contains only mass market paperbacks. I prefer Kindle or trade paperbacks or hardcovers when I read.

May Reading

I read 34 books in May for a total of 11,593 pages. Only 7 were review books. I reread 10 books this month revisiting The Others series by Anne Bishop. 27 of the 34 books were ebooks.

I added 30 books to my LibraryThing account. Only 12 of them are still on TBR mountain and most of those are on my calendar to read for July review. Eight of my new books are review copies. I still have six of them to read. Eighteen of the new books were Kindle books. Two were audiobooks.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • No Matter How Improbable by Angela Misri (Mine) - Third in a historical mystery series. My review will be posted on July 4.
  • Nothing Stays Buried by P. J. Tracy (mine) - Monkeewrench mystery. I think I'm caught up until I read the new one for September review. My review will be posted on July 7.
  • Written in Red by Anne Bishop (Mine) - reread


  • Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop (Mine) - reread
  • Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop (Mine) - reread
  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (Mine) - reread

Currently

  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (Mine) - reread

Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

All for my review stack this week:


What was your week like?


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am re-doing my comment since I made a typo. :)

    Thirty-four books in one month is amazing.

    The Woman in the Veil looks good.

    I am going to check out your review of The Summer Country. I liked it.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Past Perfect Life is on my wishlist. We managed to get some well needed gardening done too. My week of reading and reviewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed by your reading numbers. Mine were a bit pathetic (four books), but I did enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great reading month in May. I have the Pawful Truth and I'm looking forward to reading it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressed that you are rereading all the Anne Bishop books but they are worth it. I want to listen to the latest on audio when I have a space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dislike reading hardcovers, they are so awkward to hold, but I actually have an ARC hard cover of Big Sky by Kate Atkinson to read this week.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Over 30 books in a month. Very, very impressive. Is your blog title based on the Groucho Marx quote? Just curious. I really like it! Have a great week ahead. - Daph(Sunshine)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!