Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday Memes: Don't Say a Word by Amber Lynn Natusch

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
When I was eight, I learned what evil was.
Friday 56:
"Yeah," he said, his voice drifting off. "I'll let you know. See you later, girlfriend."

His attempt to sarcastically confirm our relationship fell flat. His whole body was rigid, his eyes full of unasked questions, and I could feel them on me as I got into my car and drove off -- like he was afraid to look away. Like if he did, I would disappear just like Danielle.
This week I am spotlighting Don't Say a Word by Amber Lynn Natusch. I recently got this YA thriller from Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
Pretty Little Liars meets Riverdale in Don't Say a Word, a standout YA mystery from indie-pub favorite Amber Lynn Natusch.

Kylene Danners’s ex-FBI agent father is in prison for murder and she’s hell-bent on getting him out. But trying to investigate in the small town where a defensive lineman is a hero no matter who he tries to kill and the girl who gets him locked up is public enemy number one is dangerous. Dark secrets are everywhere in Jasperville―the kind Ky can’t walk away from.

When rookie FBI agent Cedric Dawson returns to town to finish an open investigation, he goes undercover at her high school―as her ex. Determined to keep her from interfering, Dawson’s plan backfires after Ky gets an anonymous call about missing girls officially labeled as runaways―runaways that didn’t really run away at all.

Because dead girls can’t run.

And they don’t say a word.

3 comments:

  1. You had me from the beginning!! I added you to the Linky. Happy Friday the 13th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. You don't see so many YA-aimed thrillers. Hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding this to my tbr right now. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!