Monday, January 27, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Jan. 27, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet, gray, gloomy week with off and on snow showers. The County snowplow drivers settled their contract and were back to work on Friday. They only missed a couple of the snow events last week which the substitute drivers handled well - at least on the roads I have to drive.

I did get out on Friday to go to the doctor's office for the blood work I have to have done every three months but otherwise didn't take myself away from home. I made one trip to exercise when my brother went.

I did the usual things around the house. I baked bread, made a new batch of thousand island dressing, and made a big batch of split pea soup. Other than that my week was filled with reading and playing Bejeweled Blitz on my computer.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Breaking Silence by Mercedes Lackey and Cody Martin (Review; Feb. 4) - Entertaining contemporary fantasy. My review will be posted on Feb. 6.
  • Written in Red by Anne Bishop (Mine) - 1st 2020 reread
  • The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson (Mine) - Entertaining and much-anticipated conclusion to the Truly, Devious YA mystery trilogy. My review will be posted on Feb. 8. 



Currently

  • The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James (Review; Feb. 18) - This is creepy enough that I only want to read it in the daytime!
  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (Mine) - reread

Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

  • Moontangled by Stephanie Burgis - Kindle gift from author because I support her through Patreon.
  • Where The Dead Lie by C. S. Harris - Kindle daily deal which is late in a series I've only read the first in.
  • The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson - Much anticipated onclusion to the Truly, Devious trilogy.

What was your week like?

19 comments:

  1. The winters sure are long up there! Sounds like you have lots of good books to keep you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books look good; I'm curious about Pretty As a Picture.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I still need to start Johnson's series! And I want to read St. James' book from last year too before I dive into her newest one! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Absolutely Remarkable Thing is a weird book. I didn’t love everything about it, but I’m very curious about the sequel. I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hand on the Wall was so good! I am kind of bummed that it is over. Lol. The Sun Down Motel is on my list. :)

    Soup and homemade bread is like my favorite ever! I have been thinking about making bread all week, I should do it. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these yet, I know Jenn has read some of the written in Red books and the Maureen Johnson series. I want to read the Sun Down Motel.

    I'm currently reading Game by Barry Lyga,Peter Pan, and The Darkest Path by Jeff Hirsch.
    Hope it's a great week of reading!
    Ash @ JennReneeRead

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one thing I don't miss about New York is the winter. It's going to be weird for me not to see any snow this year. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been gray here too. I'm ready for spring and a little sun! I need to read the Johnson book.

    Mmm soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A couple of your books are intriguing. I will check them out. Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm. Split pea soup. I've been meaning to make a pot of it. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Enjoy your week. Looking forward to seeing what you think of Hank Green, feeling like trying this book myself

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm taking a day off chores as in going out chores today. Just routine stuff at home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of Anne Bishop there! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books on your list. I hope you enjoy Sun Down Motel as much as I did. It is creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’d be terrified to drive in icy conditions so I don’t blame you for staying home.

    Wishing you a great reading week, and less snow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugly weather week here too.

    Hope THE SUNDOWN MOTEL got better for you.

    Happy Reading Week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was gray and rainy in Texas last week. I didn't feel much like getting out but I made myself and I was glad I did.

    I will be curious to see what you think of the Hank Green book. I wondered if it got a lot of press because of Green's famous brother.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would imagine it's lovely to be snowed inside with a book and a blanket. We haven't had any snow in Alabama this season but it has been cold and yucky, which also makes for good reading weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like everyone is reading The Sun Down Motel.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!