Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday Memes: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first. My nose isn't at its best when surrounded by axle grease and burnt oil -- and it's not like there are a lot of stray werewolves running around So when someone made a polite noise near my feet to get my attention. I thought he was a customer.
Friday 56:
" 'Stay here a moment, Ben,' " Ben said, with an exaggeration of the drawl that Adam;s voice still held from a childhood spent in the deep South. " 'Wait until my daughter has a chance to get to her room Wouldn't want to expose her to the likes of you.' " The last sentence lost Adam's tone and fell back into his own crisp British accent. He didn't sound quite like Prince Charles, but closer to that than to Fagan in Oliver.
I thought it was time to go back to the beginning and read Moon Called by Patricia Briggs which is the first in her Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series. This book was published in 2006 and I know I had a copy when I began LibraryThing in 2008.

Here is the description from Amazon:
Moon Called is the novel that introduced Patricia Briggs’s Mercy Thompson to the world and launched a #1 bestselling phenomenon... 

Mercy Thompson is a shapeshifter, and while she was raised by werewolves, she can never be one of them, especially after the pack ran her off for having a forbidden love affair. So she’s turned her talent for fixing cars into a business and now runs a one-woman mechanic shop in the Tri-Cities area of Washington State.

But Mercy’s two worlds are colliding. A half-starved teenage boy arrives at her shop looking for work, only to reveal that he’s a newly changed werewolf—on the run and desperately trying to control his animal instincts. Mercy asks her neighbor Adam Hauptman, the Alpha of the local werewolf pack, for assistance.

But Mercy’s act of kindness has unexpected consequences that leave her no choice but to seek help from those she once considered family—the werewolves who abandoned her...
I recently bought a copy of the audiobook of this title. That's the one I'm reading now.

6 comments:

  1. I have this on my GR list. :-) I added you to the linky. Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my fave books. Ben has grown so much since this book; Briggs has done a great job with his development.

    My Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really having a hard time reading much every day. I am so distracted by the news o fhte world. If I read 30 pages I consider myself having done good. How are you doing? My quotes and review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy the return to the series opener. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy a good shapeshifter book! I'm adding it to my TBR list :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this one - I need to get caught up on the series! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Check out my Friday spotlight and my review of Shorefall

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!