Monday, April 20, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 20, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week. I didn't leave the house. The weather has been about 10 degrees cooler than normal and normal isn't warm enough for me to go out walking. I am so eager for Spring temperatures.

I am between audiobook series right now and don't know what I'll be listening to next. I'm debating between finishing the Liaden Universe series, continuing with the Mercedes Thompson series, or listening to a favorite series by Ilona Andrews. I do have one Audible credit to use but them I'll be buying more.

I have a total of six review books to read before I need to make a decision about my next audiobook. My May calendar is almost empty which is unusual for me but I have been becoming more spontaneous in my reading choices lately and don't know what I'll feel like reading.

With Minnesota's Stay At Home order still in effect until May 4, I don't have any plans to go anywhere. Luckily, I have a brother who is home from work right now and gets easily bored. He leaps at a chance to get out of the house to go to the grocery store.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (Mine; Audiobook) - This is the first book in the Mercedes Thompson urban fantasy series and introduces a lot of characters. I enjoyed hearing this one which I read a number of years ago. My review is linked below.
  • Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews (Mine; Audiobook) - This is the first book in the Innkeeper Chronicles and introduces Dina and her semi-sentient inn and the guests she decides to host. My review will be posted on April 22.  


  • Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews (Mine; Audiobook) - Dina hosts a peace conference at her inn and has to keep the parties from killing each other. My review will be posted on April 23.
  • One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews (Mine; Audiobook) - Dina rescues her sister Maud and niece Helen from exile and also decides to host a member of a dying species and then has to hold off the aliens who want her guest dead and don't care about exposing the inns secrets on Earth. My review will be posted on April 25.
  • Sweep of the Blade by Ilona Andrews (Mine; Audiobook) - This story continues the Innkeeper Chronicles but focuses on Maud and her romance with Arland which gets interrupted by all kinds of political maneuvering on his home world. My review will be posted on May 13. 


  • Race the Sands by Sarah Beth Durst (Review; April 21) - Very entertaining fantasy with strong female characters. My review is linked below.
  • Sweep with Me by Ilona Andrews (Mine) - A novella set in the world of the Innkeeper Chronicles. I won't be blogging a review for this one but did post my thoughts at LibraryThing and Goodreads.

Currently


Next Week


Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:






Review:




What was your week like?

17 comments:

  1. I loved Clean Sweep and I look forward to your review! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it warms up for you this week! Our temps in SWFL have been above normal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a cold front. Glad you have so many great books during these strange times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sweep series is on my wishlist.

    I hope you get to enjoy sunshine this week

    Wishing you a great reading week and good health

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some good cozy mysteries. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your week. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! Some new to me ones here! I hope you enjoy them all this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Secrets of Bones looks good. I'm getting ready to read Mousse and Murder too. Hope you have a great week! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny, because this week it's gotten warmer, and the snow is pretty much melted! And you have some really great authors, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, and Sarah Beth Durst! Sounds like a good reading week, and I hope you enjoy the next! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so ready for spring too. We had a tease last week with a couple really nice days and then it got cold and even flurried a bit. Fickle weather!

    Be safe and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all for staying in right now. We go out to walk the dog each night, but I am hanging close to home.

    You have a nice group of books this week. Race the Sands and Close Up might need to go on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books look great!

    We are still hanging at home as well - I think our shelter-in-place order might be extended to the middle of May so it might be some time! Wyatt and I have been self-isolating since March 13th so that will be almost two months for us by then! My husband has to go out to work 2-3 days a week though. :(

    Have a good week, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been nice here, though we are behind on rain. My cough has kept me inside (I don't want to get someone else sick) but I hope that I am getting a little bit better. I miss walking and I really miss people. I'm in day eleven of this cough so I should be feeling better soon.

    It's great that your brother is willing to get out for you. I hope he is taking all the proper precautions. I'm sure you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear that you have a brother who is willing to do grocery runs for you! My husband is good with that, but we try to get most of our groceries via grocery pick up. We have had to do a couple of Costco runs, but Costco has been very good about keeping things clean and monitoring how many people are in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been trying to keep my May clear since it's birthday month, but I fear I'm going to be doing a lot of catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clean Sweep has been sitting way to long on the Kindle shelf. So ready for Spring too. The big discussion is if our stay at home order will be relaxed on May 4 or extended. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo, I want to come raid your bookshelves! :D My state is closed down until the end of June; the governor just announced yesterday. I'm getting antsy being at home all the time. It's good to be more spontaneous in your reading, and to read more from your personal stacks. Happy reading and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss having my husband do the shopping. I went today but was rushing instead of my usual stroll. I didn't remember to get a couple of things on my list which was in my purse.
    You always have a great list of books.
    I am looking forward to the most recent Mercy Thompson book.
    I have Written in Red to read soon too.
    Now I think I want to look at the Jazz Ramsey mystery series.
    Stay well and enjoy all of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like some good reading. We're staying safe at home too, but we did pick up some delicious carry-out after I was required to work one day. Take care of you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!