Monday, August 24, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 24, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was a slightly more active week than I've had lately. A friend came to spend a couple of days with me before she goes back to work on Monday. We chatted until the early hours, went for long walks, and went out to eat a couple of times. It was fun but now I'm back to quiet times and think I've finally caught up on the sleep I missed.

This week should see the end of my Honor Harrington marathon. I also have some review books that need to be read really soon since they are releasing in early September. We have had rainy days for the last couple of days which make for great reading weather but I think the weather is supposed to be nice for walking again this week.

I have a few baking projects on tap for this week too. I need to bake bread again. We are also out of our frozen chocolate chip cookie dough and our portion-controlled brownies. I'll probably be doing other cooking this week too since my brother will be home for dinner but working during the middle of the day which will keep him from doing the cooking. I shouldn't complain because he does do most of the cooking for us both.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Shadow of Victory by David Weber (Mine; Audiobook) - 37 hours and 19 minutes of space adventure in the Honor Harrington series. My review will be posted on November 12.
  • Cauldron of Ghosts by David Weber and Eric Flint (Mine; Audiobook) - 22 hours and 53 minutes that take place mainly on Mesa and tells about the consequences of the Mesan Alignment to the planet. My review will be posted on November 19.
  • The Deadly Hours by Susanna Kearsley, C. S. Harris, Anna Lee Huber, & Christine Trent (Review; September 1) - This is a series of linked novellas that all tell the story of a cursed pocket watch and the people who interact with it. My review will be posted on August 25.
  • Ink & Sigil by Kevin Hearne (Review; August 25) - New fantasy set in the Iron Druid world with engaging characters and lots of humor. My review was posted on August 22.
  • Sing Like No One's Listening by Vanessa Jones (YA Review; September 1) -YA melodrama for fans of romance and musical theater. Lots of the characters were stereotypes but the main character was engaging. My review will be posted on August 26.
Currently
  • Uncompromising Honor by David Weber (Mine; Audiobook) - The final book (so far) in the Honor Harrington series.
Next Week

All are review books this week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought
Review
What was your week like?

18 comments:

  1. Wow! 37 hours is a long audiobook! I set myself a reading challenge with Big Book Summer and I think I’m on track to finish in time. I think the longest audiobook I’ve ever listened to is IT by Stephen King, but I do want to try Ken Follett’s long ones on audio one of these days. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for commenting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was nice to have your friend stay with you. I miss my friends a lot during this time.

    We are looking forward to a little rain here, as we have two hurricanes out in the gulf.

    I think I will go take a look at your review of Ink & Sigil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time with your friend last week. I've had my eye on The Deadly Hours and look forward to reading your review. I also have the book A desperate Fortune and hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your visit with your friend sounds wonderful! So little socializing has been happening this year.

    I am now keeping my eye on the calendar, as I have another ARC releasing mid-September.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice! I'm once again reminded how far behind in the Guild Hunters series I am! Hope you enjoy all your reads for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a lovely time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like it was a great visit!

    I am intrigued by Ink and Sigil. I might have to check it out this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some good looking books on your list. It has been raining a lot here too, but I did get a break this afternoon so I could do my 3 mile walk. It is great to get away from the computer for a bit in the middle of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great week last week. I hope you enjoy your books. They look good. Have a great upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for time with friends, but also time to sleep! Hope you enjoyed The Emperor's Wolves and Archangel's Sun, I did! They were so great! And I hope you enjoy Sucker Punch! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My best friend really wants to visit me in Oregon but she's afraid to fly right now. Oh well. We'll get to visit again some day! I'm glad you got to spend time with your friend! It sounds like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lot of interesting looking books. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a nice week with a friend visit.
    I look twice at any of my titles over 22 hrs as I know that is going to take some time. :-) Usually worth it though.
    As always you have plenty of good books to read. Happy baking an reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am still trying to finish my August lot. Not even half way done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for baking and nice visits! Your books look good too, especially Ink & Sigil.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a lovely week. Enjoy your baking and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you have some really good books this week! Cant wait to see what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a lot of listening in front of you! Those are huge audiobooks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!