Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Memes: A Lady's Formula for Love by Elizabeth Everett

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Only after the second explosion did Violet start to worry.
Friday 56: 
More than once, Arthur had to reach out to the wall and steady himself. Scraping his hand against the rough bricks, he hoped to puncture the disorienting numbness. The aftermath of the fire and the strange emotions plaguing him since he'd left Violet's room this morning had him mistrusting his senses.
This week I am spotlighting A Lady's Formula for Love by Elizabeth Everett from my review stack. Here is the description from Amazon:
What is a Victorian lady's formula for love? Mix one brilliant noblewoman and her enigmatic protection officer. Add in a measure of danger and attraction. Heat over the warmth of humor and friendship, and the result is more than simple chemistry--it's elemental.

Lady Violet is keeping secrets. First, she founded a clandestine sanctuary for England's most brilliant female scientists. Second, she is using her genius on a confidential mission for the Crown. But the biggest secret of all? Her feelings for protection officer Arthur Kneland.

Solitary and reserved, Arthur learned the hard way to put duty first. But the more time he spends in the company of Violet and the eccentric club members, the more his best intentions go up in flames. Literally.

When a shadowy threat infiltrates Violet's laboratories, endangering her life and her work, scientist and bodyguard will find all their theories put to the test--and learn that the most important discoveries are those of the heart.

5 comments:

  1. Intriguing 56! I wonder what happened! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only after the second. LOL That's a great opening. This sounds like a fun read. I am adding it to my wish list. I hope you are enjoying it, Kathy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the opening and the little excerpt Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!