Monday, February 8, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 8, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading... 

This was another quiet winter week in snowy Minnesota. Next week will bring in the cold. Temperatures aren't expected to get above zero for the next five days. It is 2 PM Saturday and the temperature is -7 degrees. Nighttime lows are supposed to be in the teens and twenties below zero. Needless to say, I don't expect to leave the house until the temperatures improve. I don't have any appointments until Feb. 15.

I think that I have become a news junkie. My TV seems to be constantly tuned to CNN. Lots of interesting things happening lately. It is slowing down my reading a little bit. I can read and watch the news but I can't listen to an audiobook and listen to the television at the same time. Maybe things will settle down in a while. I know that my TV viewing will switch to baseball once games are available to watch.

My brother has three days off in a row so he's doing all the cooking. I don't mind at all! Tonight's menu includes meatloaf and baked potatoes. Yesterday was poached salmon and creamed potatoes. Tomorrow I actually will be cooking a pork roast because it is a crockpot recipe and he doesn't do crockpot cooking. I'll leave the sides to him though. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Dark Light by Jayne Castle (Kindle & Audiobook) -- A trip to Harmony complete with alien ruins, dust bunnies, and paranormal romance. This is a reread of a book I've had since at least 2008. My review will be posted on April 13.
  • After Dark by Jayne Castle (Kindle & Audiobook) -- Another trip to Harmony complete with alien ruins, dust bunnies, and paranormal romance. This is a reread of a book I've had since at least 2008. My review will be posted on April 15.
  • The K Team by David Rosenfelt (Kindle & Audiobook) -- The first book in a spin-off of the Andy Carpenter mystery series. My review will be posted on March 11.
  • An Unexpected Peril by Deanna Raybourn (Review; March 2) - The sixth Veronica Speedwell historical mystery was another fun entry into this series. My review will be posted on Feb. 25.
  • Heartbreak Bay by Rachel Caine (Review; March 9) - The final Stillhouse Lake thriller was filled with all sorts of tension and action. I'll miss this characters. My review will be posted March 2.
  • Ghost Hunter by Jayne Castle (Kindle and Audiobook) - I bought and read this story before February 2008 (when I started LibraryThing) and was curious to see how the story stood up when I saw that it was a Deal this past week. My review will be posted on April 22.
Currently
  • After Glow by Jayne Castle (Kindle & Audible) - reread now in Kindle and Audible
  • Bad to the Bone by Jeri Smith-Ready - been languishing on TBR mountain since 2013
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

New Kindle
New Audiobooks
New Review
What was your week like?

16 comments:

  1. You certainly have a lot going on! I'm up in Canada and we're in a deep freeze the entire week. This morning's drive was a balmy -30 C.

    Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your upcoming meals sound so good! Meatloaf and baked potatoes...and poached salmon and creamed potatoes! Yum!

    Those very cold temperatures make me shiver.

    Enjoy those tempting books!

    Stay cozy, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice assortment of reading.
    I love to cook and your upcoming sounds delish.. Enjoy!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poached salmon - it's one of the few fish I enjoy. Jayne Castle is new to me, I shall have to add her to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hooked on CNN too. Just when I thought I wouldn't be watching as much, something happens that gets me watching again. It definitely cuts into my reading time and when baseball comes back, that will cut into my time too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll admit to being a news junkie, too. The television was off more after the Inauguration, but now my viewing seems to be creeping up again. Sounds like some good meals at your house... you and your brother have a good system worked out. Stay warm and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice of your brother to cook for you! Gives you a break. My husband is the cook in our family. Looks like you have been reading some great books. I need to get caught up in the Veronica Speedwell series. I hope you enjoy all your new books and upcoming reads! Have a great week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, there's some really excellent books read and to read, Sarah Beth Durst, Deanna Raybourn, Ilona Andrews! Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to doing less news watching on tv and more reading during these cold months! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah we're in the super low temps too. By the weekend it hits negatives too. Luckily by then I can just stay home! Lol. That is if the weather temps still hold up to the predictions!

    Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firekeeper's Daughter looks especially promising.

    Now that the election is over, I try to stay away from the news as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all of those beautiful covers!! Your temps are crazy cold and please don't go out! I remember what those temps felt like when we lived in Wisconsin! It hurt to breathe and your nose instantly froze! Stay in and read and eat your brothers meals!!🤗☕🍩💕📚💜

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an organized week! I am the total opposite of a news junkie and often think I should do more than my cursory read of the local daily paper. We are in the low 20s here, and that's been feeling pretty darn cold! Enjoy your reading week! Mine is at
    https://baystatera.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-02-08-21/

    ReplyDelete
  14. When its plus 24 people say chilly here!!!! I have experienced bitter cold but only as a temporary visitor. Having to live with it is a different ball game altogether. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my that’s cold!
    I’m expecting a review copy of The Iron Raven this week.

    Wishing you a great reading week, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!