Monday, July 12, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 12, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week with only a brief kerfuffle when the air conditioner decided that it wanted to run but not cool - on the 4th of July -- when absolutely no one was available for a service appointment and the temperature was in the low 90s with humidity the same. A call did yield the information that the problem could be the furnace filter. My brother bought and installed a new one and we were back to enjoying cool air. 

Then the temperature plummeted and my part of the state experienced record lows for a couple of days and I turned the furnace back on for a couple of cycles in the morning. Minnesota is such an interesting place to live!

Other than a few walks, the rest of the week was a pleasant combination of reading and baseball games. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr (Mine; Audiobook) -- This audiobook is the first in the Anna Pigeon mystery series. I liked the characters and the setting. My review will be posted on September 29.
  • A Terrible Fall of Angels by Laurell K. Hamilton (Review; August 17) -- The first in a new urban fantasy series peoples with angels and demons. The main character is a police detective who can speak to angels without going insane. The case concerns a different kind of demon. My review will be posted on August 17.
  • At Summer's End by Courtney Ellis (Review; August 10) -- This historical fiction story is set in 1922 and is sort of a romance and sort of a picture of the horrors of war and the changes happening in England. My review will be posted on August 10.
  • White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz (Mine; Audiobook) -- This is contemporary paranormal romantic suspense that was a reread. I like this author's style and enjoy her characters. My review will be posted on September 30.
  • The Family Plot by Megan Collins (Review; August 17) -- This was a weirdly compelling mystery set on an island with a serial killer and a family whose life centers around true crime. My review will be  posted on August 11.
  • Hex on the Beach by Kelley Armstrong, Jeaniene Frost, Melissa Marr (Mine) -- I read the Armstrong and Frost stories but am saving the Marr story until I've read some books in that series. I don't plan to review it.
  • Cast in Conflict by Michelle Sagara (Mine; Audiobook) -- The new Chronicles of Elantra book deals with filling the empty tower that Candellar had filled which pits two of her roommates against each other. My review will be posted on September 25.
Currently
  • Dark Currents by Jacqueline Carey (Mine; Hardcover since 2012 but the Kindle and Audiobook are a recent purchases)
Next Week
Reviews Posted
  • Omens by Kelly Armstrong
  • Back from the Bring by Emery Hayes
  • Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz
  • Silence in the Library by Katharine Schellman
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review;
Bought:
  • Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell (Kindle and Audiobook)
  • Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Audiobook; I already own the Kindle)
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. The Family Plot sounds very good. Why is it that air conditioners and such love to break on weekends and holidays? I'm glad it ended up being an easy fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that stinks about your AC! I am glad you were able to get back up and running with a new one so quickly. We had the same troubles honestly - ours was running but not cooling! Ours is really old and we have to replace the whole unit. My cousin let us borrow his portable AC unit until one is installed. (next Sunday) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How annoying about your a/c but I'm glad it's working again. Your books look so good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your July 4th kerfuffle was major!

    Enjoy your books. I like the look of The Family Plot, among others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting to know that a furnace filter could do that....thanks for sharing.

    Our temperatures did the same thing - 90 degrees and then down to 50's at night and 70's in the day.

    We are back to normal July weather now. :) Love the heat!!

    THE FAMILY PLOT was a good read for me.

    ENJOY your books and your week, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great variety of books - so many I have to add to my TBR. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MA had the same issue. Thankfully, I wasn't here; though I didn't bring the sunshine from NC back with me.

    Lots of neat books this week. Silence in the Library caught my eye.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the AC problem was only the filer. That's always a relief!

    Cahoon's books always look fun. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh nice! I need to start Armstrong's new series before I read Hex on the Beach. Now I'm curious about Marr's story in there. I didn't think it was connected to any current series of hers.

    Hope you enjoy your reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wacky week of weather for you! No air, and then your air is fixed and then you have to turn on the heat? Wacky!

    Silence in the Library sounds fun.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have had the same swings from heat wave to weather that's more like spring than summer, but I haven't had to turn our heat back on! A Bad Day for Sunshine has been on my TBR for a while. I liked the first book in the series by David Rosenfelt but never went on to the next book. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At Summers End is the one I would have liked to have got. I like the setting and the age as well. It is not on Netgalley sadly. My reading is going well. My reviews are fairly upto date so I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I hope you enjoyed A Terrible Fall of Angels, I'm looking forward to it! And I hope you do check out the Faery Bargains series by Melissa Marr, because I found it fantastic! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!